The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Suspension

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-28-2016, 12:24 AM   #1
C10hacker

285/50r20 under 4/6 ece drop?

Hey guys I'm about to place an order for a complete front and rear power disc brake conversion for my 67. Figured I would go big or go home since I'm wanting to go to 5-lug, from my now 6-lug, to use rims I have already from an old truck.(5x5) And I figure since I'll be under the truck already I might as well replace my custom hacksawed springs from a previous owner with either an ece or cpp drop kit. Also I PMed a CPP vendor here for a price a few days ago and they have not responded?! Makes me lean towards ECE already.

Anywho, two of the tires are bad and I will replace with a smaller size. However the other two are super new and still have those small rubber nipple tassels hanging off the sides (giggity) and I was wondering if they would fit under the rear of the truck? The tire size is 285/50r20

I've tried searching and even went to the "Show Me Your Static Drop" post and tried plugging in people's rear tire size to compare but haven't had any luck.

285/50r20 is 31.2 inches tall
C10hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 01:24 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: 285/50r20 under 4/6 ece drop?

That's a tall tire but will fit out back. The problem might be the height difference between the F/R since the fronts will need to be around 28" max.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote