The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2016, 10:10 AM   #1
dwcsr
Hollister Road Co.

Re: Looking at a 1955 3600 2cnd series

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84 400 View Post
Hey guys been a long time since I have been on the form. I am on the hunt for a new daily driver. Currently driving a 1977 K10 lifted, diesel swap, manual trans swap, locked built axles on 37 H1 beadlocks...... Gets alot of looks in the NYC harbor area. Its fun but I miss having a 2wd for daily driving. In the winter I have been driving a 1980 diesel benz.

Anyway, I am looking to clear out a bunch of parts from my parents house and get a different daily driver. The 77 is really built more to offroad which i used to do alot. I have been on the hunt for a engineless something to put the low mile 350 from the 77k10 into since it is now running a 6.2 diesel.

A 1955 3600 long bed stepside has been forsale locally for a few months. The seller is having another kid and wants to be rid of it. The truck has a 4 speed (sm420?) and had a 307SBC swapped in but now has no engine. The body looks straight and relatively rust free which is rare in this area. It is a no frills truck with the small back window and no delux options i can see.

My plan would be to swap in the 77 350 and maybe a ranger overdrive I have, go through the brakes and do a cheap flat paint job to hold it over.

Some questions:
Is there a disc brake swap to retain the 8 lug setup using junkyard parts?

Is there a dual master Setup to retain the factory clutch setup?

Anybody use the Trans depto v8 swap mounts?

What was a typical gear ratio for this era truck? (originally an inline 6)

I am sure some of these questions will be answered through searching the form which i am doing but I would like to make an offer on the truck this weekend. What does something like this go for by you?

I appreciate any feedback. Hopefully I can work a deal and clean out my parts stash at the same time.
There is no direct junk yard swap from other vehicles.

We make the disc swap kits for your truck. Front , Rear and a booster/master kit that retains the original pedals, The kit allows you to use parts from a 2003 up gm 2500HD 13" disc brake front and rear and retain the late model parking brake that you can connect to your hand brake.
Front Disc Kit give me a call or email me if you have questions
dwcsr is offline   Reply With Quote