The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-03-2016, 12:09 AM   #1
CJM72

Re: 4wd Wheel Bearing Lock Washer Stuck!

Finally got my lock washer removed tonight. After some additional cleaning and inspection, it became apparent that the lock washer had rotated (clockwise) and the locking tab was no longer in the groove. I'm not sure if the threads were damaged, and it appears the tab on the lock washer is pretty worn. Might need to order a new one of those.

I should probably disassemble the whole thing and inspect the bearings for damage. I have no experience with tapered wheel bearings, but i'll have to learn. I'm sure there are tutorials on this board that show how to remove the hub and replace the bearings if necessary. I got a bad feeling that the further I dig, the more I'll need to replace.

Went ahead and ordered the Warn premium hubs. If I can source some used parts, I'll try to stick with the blue Spicer hubs. We'll see how long it takes to scare up some spares!

Thanks for the help. This place is great!
Attached Images

CJM72 is offline   Reply With Quote