The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-11-2004, 02:58 PM   #26
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

OUCH!!!! Glad your ok though MIke that really sux.

I will leave you alone on your spelling for the next few weeks hehe.

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 02:59 PM   #27
LOHRTBT
BeWarE tHe eViL CrAnkTOe!

Quote:
Originally posted by Zilverado
YIKES!!!! That looks Nasty!!!!

Glad to hear you didn't loose the finger - - that's the first thing I thought of when I read "table saw".

On a lighter note... Maybe you coud add this x-ray to your avatar and we could call you...

"Crank-finger" ? ? ? ? ?

Just a thought

LMAO!! yeah no more jokes from Mike about my Crank Toes hahaha
Beware the evil Crank Filangies!! lol

- 1986 Chevy SWB - Stock for now
- 1986 Chevy Custom SWB *Stolen 6/26/05*
- 1985 Chevy SWB SOLD
- 1999 T/A Some mods
www.cardomain.com/id/ramairdave

AIM Screenname - Jester84
LOHRTBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 03:47 PM   #28
PHOENIX

Damn Mike thats not good at all!
Hope everything works out for you though.

A friend of mine just got his hand caught in a paper machine about a month ago. It crushed his hand and broke 3 fingers. He also had to get some stitches in a few of the fingers. He can no longer make a fist, well, not yet atleast.

About a year or so ago I was moving a large steel structure with a co-worker. Well I tripped over another steel structure and my finger was caught in between the two structures. They were fabed from 2" x 4" steel channel and 6-5/8" steel tubing and each structure weight around 300-350 lbs. You can image it busted my finger instantly. Very painful! Another co-worker rushed me to the ER, he ran stop lights along the way (he did make sure they were clear though). The pain was so bad I couldnt even cry if I wanted to. I was bleeding a good amount, it looked as if I lost half my finger, thankfully it was only the tip that had damage. When I got to the ER they laid me down right away, but didnt give anything for the pain until about 45 minutes after I got there (I couldnt believe it). The medicine they gave me to take home sucked. I woke up in middle of the night when I bumped my hand on the bed. I couldnt go back to sleep after that.

Sorry to go on and on. Best of luck to you, Hand injuries really really suck. Makes you think how great everything is when somethings not wrong, too bad most of us dont think that way till something does happen.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:08 PM   #29
Zilverado
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally posted by LOHRTBT

LMAO!! yeah no more jokes from Mike about my Crank Toes hahaha
Beware the evil Crank Filangies!! lol
"Filangies" - I like that. Adds a bit of sophistication to the moniker.

Zilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:45 PM   #30
AirMale

wrap it up in duct tape and get back to work!
AirMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:42 PM   #31
82 Silverado 4X
Genuine Chevrolet

I wish you well on Monday and do take advantage of any pain killers they offer. I know you don't have a lot of time in at the new job but at least if happened on their time and not at home. Most workmans comp insurance companies do a pretty good job on the medical side of accidents.
82 Silverado 4X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 05:48 PM   #32
1FaastC10
Account Suspended

Mike, i had something very similar to that happen to me when i was working at the cabinet shop. i was cutting a cabinet door instert panel about 20" wide, and 25 or 30" long. some idiot had decided to run the blade into the fence, thus creating a nice bur on the fence. the corner of the panel caught the bur in the fence, and immediately tried to lift the panel off the table, which i knew wouldnt lead to a good situation. so here i am, holding this crooked panel down, in the blade. since its trying to pick it up and throw it around, i cant let go and hit the emergency stop. the only choice i had was to try and back it out of the bur and continue the cut, taking extra care to make sure it got past the bur this time. i backed it out about 1/4" or so, and lost my grip in doing so. the panel was thrown directly into my stomach. as it passed my arm it left a nice cut down the inside of my forearm, and it knocked me backwards. somehow or another i also managed to cut my second knuckle on my thumb open pretty good too. i got lucky that i wasnt an inch or two shorter, ot it probably would have broken some ribs. the next guy that had a similar situation ended up with a 2' long wedge of wood shot through his thumb, and the remaining part of the panel was stuck in the wall of an upstairs office. i know what you're going through Mike, just be careful next time, and inspect the saw before you use it.
1FaastC10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 12:51 AM   #33
apstguy
LED King

OOOwwwww! That looks like it hurts. I cut of the end of my pinky a couple years ago and had it put back on. I couldn't use my right hand for a long time. I'm right handed too. Result - I can use a mouse with my left hand if I need to!

1985 C10 305 w/ Bowtie OD TH700R4 3.42 LSD 202,000 miles
2006 Ford Focus ZX3 5-speed Stick
2016 Chevy Spark EV
Gone: 2002.5 VW GTI 24v VR6
Gone: 2008 VW R32
apstguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 12:51 AM   #34
method2mymadnes

OUCH!!!
might as well tell my story too
I was working construction for my dad, he was cutting wedges out of a 2by on a table saw. one of the wedges got bound up by the blade and kicked back. it flew up and hit him between the eyes. Luckily he had safety glasses on. I looked over and he was on the floor. I think he was just a little slow in dodging it.
method2mymadnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 02:24 AM   #35
chevychic

Ouch!! Sorry to hear you're all busted up Mike! Get well soon!

I broke my right hand in 2 places while practicing for an upcoming equestrian competition. I was going through the jumps with my horse and something happened on the landing so that I fell off and my hand hit the horse's withers on the way off. I heard a loud pop and thought I had just cracked a nuckle but when I saw that my hand was swollen instantly to twice it's normal size I realized I did more than crack a nuckle. That was also my right hand and I'm right handed AND it was finals week in highschool AND it put me out of all my equestrian events that summer! Then 2 of my best friends each broke their hands within 2 weeks after that so we looked like the 3 stooges walking around.

I hope you heal quickly!!

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin
chevychic is offline   Reply With Quote