The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-07-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
rally

what was the difference between the c10 base and custom in 1969?

I'm trying to figure out what my truck started its life as. The SPID is missing from the glove box and the frame was cut down from a longbed, so I'll never get it back to what it used to be. But what I would like to do is get it back to looking like what it did at the start of its life.

I've done some searching and can't find definitive information saying what the difference was between a base c10 and a custom 10 in 1969. There's a Custom emblem on the glovebox, but it looks too good for it to be original (I could be wrong...). The fenders have Cheyenne Super badges and at least the grille and bumper are from a 71-72.

I know what the grille and bumper look like from a 1969, but as far as other options, such as chrome trim, accessories (there's a cargo light over the bed, which I heard might be something that had to be ordered specifically), I don't know what came with the custom that didn't come with the base.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can figure out what I have by process of elimination?
rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #2
rally

Re: what was the difference between the c10 base and custom in 1969?

Maybe this question was asked too many times, or maybe theres no real definitive information?

I guess what im looking or is something like "if it has x, it was a custom." Is there any information like that for a 69 c10 by chance?
Old 06-08-2016, 12:53 AM   #3
FirstOwner69

Here's a link to 1969 Chevy truck info that shows options, option package contents and a whole lot more info. It should answer your question and then some. Happy reading.

https://gmheritagecenter.com/docs/gm...olet-Truck.pdf

Jim
FirstOwner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 01:01 AM   #4
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Perhaps this will help. If I recall a conversation with SSTIM, I would imagine that:

69 Standard base somewhat equals 71 Custom base
69 Custom somewhat equals 71 Custom Deluxe
69 CST somewhat equals Cheyenne

Don't know if there was an equivalent to 71 Cheyenne Super. Does your truck have trim around the windows? If so, I'm GUESSING your truck is at least a Custom. Here's some info. from this website on 71-72. It might provide a clue. But as you already know, it's difficult w/o a SPID. For all you may know, even the cabs and/or doors were replaced. Perhaps there's a build sheet under the seat?

"Don't know about Cheyenne Super, but here are the differences according to “71 sales brochure”.

 All had L&R mirrors and disc brakes.
 Custom: Interior was vinyl, metal door panels, black floor mat. Exterior was hub caps, painted front bumper.
 Custom Deluxe: Interior was cloth & vinyl w/color keyed floor mat, lighter, dual horns, insulation and dome light switches. Exterior was everything on the Custom plus bright metal windshield, rear window moldings and chrome ventipane frames.
 Cheyenne: Interior - Deluxe all vinyl seat cover and door panels, carpet, headliner, lighter, pedal trim, insulation, dome light switches. Optional bucket seats w/console.Exterior - Everything on Custom & Custom Deluxe Plus: Cheyenne nameplates; chrome front bumper, cargo light, bright lower body & side moldings, fuel filler cap & tailgate trim.

All Cheyennes and Supers will have:
 Wood grain on door panels
 Headliner
 Cargo lights
 Stainless around window trim
 Deluxe knobs interior
 Chrome front bumper
 Wood grain lower molding
 Wood grain tailgate band with upper tailgate molding and tail light bezels.
 Deluxe marker lights.

Note: Some of these items were standard on custom & custom deluxe and special promo trucks, while some other were optional. A headliner was not an option for Custom/Custom Deluxe.

Cheyenne Super is highest trim level package for 71/72 Chevy. The differences between Cheyenne and Cheyenne Super are:

 Wood grain on the gauge bezel
 Glove box door aluminum with wood grain
 Emblem on glove box door
 “Super” emblems on the fender."
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 06-08-2016 at 01:08 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 11:35 AM   #5
rally

Both of you are awesome! Thanks!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:48 PM   #6
scooterpimp

About $700 lol.
scooterpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:11 PM   #7
rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterpimp View Post
About $700 lol.
haha well played!