The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-11-2016, 03:19 PM   #1
Overdriven

Re: The Crate Saga is Over, at My End.

Very nice work. I know all too well the pitfalls of shipping. Nothing like getting a box creased in the middle and seeing your quarter panels in the same condition. Then fighting with the driver that you're not going to accept it. Shouldn't surprise me as I've been behind the scenes of various shippers. The worst is the local ABF Freight depot. Those guys rush around for 20minutes when a truck comes in, beating stuff up, leaving a trail of broken wood and paint chips scraped off the forklifts only to go back to sitting around waiting for the next truck to roll up. Every single garage door is bent up, every single yellow guard post on either side of each door is scraped up and leaning at an angle, it's ridiculous.

Your local USPS branch isn't any better though. There's always a person surrounded by a half circle of large bins 4-5 rows deep on one side and a pallet or 2 of packages on the other. One by one that person scans a package off the pallet then throws them into one of the bins in that half circle to sort them. 3 point range range with the box marked fragile is just another day for them.
Overdriven is offline   Reply With Quote