The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2016, 12:36 AM   #1
daniel02

pcv & breather

Ok i have 69 c10 with a 350.. my valve covers have 3 holes on passenger side i have cover with two holes oil filler cap in front and breather in back.. on driver side i have the one hole cover with pcv valve is that the proper way to have them set up???
daniel02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 04:35 AM   #2
mike16

Re: pcv & breather

your valve covers may not be correct for your year truck. do you want the pcv system to just function or do you want it to function as it would if set up origonally according to your year truck.

A service manual, the factory assembly manual and a parts manual will help you sort it out if you want to go back to the factory origonal set up. those manuals will be usefull in the future as well.

Parts to restore the origonal set up can be had from truck parts vendors and corvette parts vendors .

if your going to go with a custom or generic PVC set up. its kind of the same but you are not limited to specific parts

pictures of your valve covers, your intake and carb set up would help
mike16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:25 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Re: pcv & breather

Ok, trying to sort this out with no punctuation. At first I thought you were saying your passenger side has 3 holes, but you are saying there are 3 holes total, correct? That would be correct, the breather hole to connect into air cleaner in the rear on passenger side, oil fill in front, and on front of driver side the PCV valve. Other configurations work, but it is important to vent each bank and this is how the factory got that done.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote