The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-13-2016, 11:35 PM   #1
pritch

I went on a nice 1200 miler in 'Ol Green

I left my place Thursday morning for Greeley, Colo. I went to the Greeley Blues Jam, a blues fest they hold there every year. I like to camp out there, the venue is surrounded by a nice park, so I had all my camping stuff loaded up. I split the ride out in two, spending the first night in Steamboat Springs. Here's 'Ol Green high on a mountain:

Friday on in to Greeley and after setting up camp, went into town to meet up with some friends and do the bar crawl. On the night before the fest, they have all the best local blues bands playing. It's too much fun! And lucky thing there is a shuttle back and forth to the campground!

Saturday we went to the main fest and all had a great time despite it being like 95 degrees. Here's an old favorite of mine that I had never seen before, John Primer, backed up by the Delta Sonics-one of those very fine local bands that we had seen the night before:

I got up Sunday and broke camp early and headed home. It had rained most of the night and I ran into a few thunder storms along the way. 'Ol Green really likes that cool humid air and she ran like a top the whole trip. Got decent milage, too, averaging about 15 over the 1200+ miles.

Man, I love a good road trip! I had so much fun, I'm going back to Colorado in 2 weeks to another blues fest.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:53 PM   #2
powell72

Re: I went on a nice 1200 miler in 'Ol Green

Nice, there's nothing like actually road tripping one of these things. You were in my neck of the woods. Looks like it was a good time all around.

http://www.classictrucks.com/feature...short_bed.html
powell72 is offline   Reply With Quote