The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-19-2016, 06:59 PM   #1
cknfrmr

help with front brake drum removel

I am having a heck of a problem getting the front drums off my 69 C10. What I have done so far. I have tried spraying them down with many types of lubricants several times. Probably have used about three cans total. Also have heated them up and beat on them with a hammer for hours on end over the last week. Have pounded on front, sides and from back. Have loosened up the pad separators. Also drilled out those retaining pins that hold the brake pads on. So now all the springs are not held in place and should come off all as one. But still cant get them to budge. Don't know what can be holding them on. Am I missing something. I need any tips or anything anyone can suggest that I may have over looked. I can not figure this out. Thank you for your help and time.

Am loosening my mind!
cknfrmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #2
Gmc.guy

Re: help with front brake drum removel

You could try popping the dust cap and taking the cotter pin castle but and bearing off and pulling it as a unit Might be easier to get it apart on the floor with the backside of the drum to the floor and put a block of wood on the hub and hit it down?
Old 06-19-2016, 08:53 PM   #3
Gmc.guy

Did you remove the 3 rivets that hold drum to hub? This is the projects side. Would prob be best to post questions in the forum. Hope I could help
Old 06-19-2016, 09:25 PM   #4
cknfrmr

3 rivets? No where are they? Did not see them are they on front of drum? Have watched several videos and have not heard mention of this or seen in Chilton repair manual. Where can I find pic of this?
cknfrmr is offline   Reply With Quote