The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-20-2016, 05:16 PM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: OEM Standard Radiator

Well, would you file a claim with FedEx then, since they claim they delivered it? From here it looks like it was delivered and I don't know your situation there and you do. I should have been paid for this. I expected you to be right on it since I was kind enough to send on before you paid me to save you time. I made it the same as if it was done by PayPal and you did nothing. After a week you claimed you didn't have my address and that was when I contacted you. I gave it to you again and you have yet to send it off 15-16 days later. This put the burden on you as far as I can see. Why was it you never sent payment when you knew I had sent it in advance? This is the first parts sale I had a problem with in over 10 years of being here. If you had paid me, I sent after receiving payment, and it didn't show up to you, it would be no skin off my back. I am the one who contacted you because it matters to me that someone gets what I sold them. I'd appreciate it if you could show some concern for my situation.

Transaction# 870137782173 sent from FedEx store located at 1048 W. Patrick St. Frederick, MD 2i703 . Location code is FDKK, sent June 5th at 8:41:20
1(800) 463-3339 Let me know how it goes. Communication is golden.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:01 PM   #27
Grumpy old man

I will go down in the morning and send a USPS money order to you certified mail and then take over the task of trying to find where they delivered it to and filing the claim with Fed ex . I just needed a better radiator than the one I have for that truck . This is why I use PayPal it's paid for before it's shipped over done and forgotten .it's also why I was sending you requests for a tracking # last week because nothing has been delivered here to me . So I'm out a few bucks ,no big deal all I wanted was a radiator .

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:14 PM   #28
jimer1964

Hope The Radiator Shows up! I have known Tim 10 plus years Great guy! Things will work out!
jimer1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 05:34 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

I appreciate that. You only sent one request for a tracking number and that was yesterday. A week had passed and it was me who had to check it's status with you. I don't see what PayPal has to do with it. The same thing would have happened with that. I've done all my transactions, buying and selling, using postal money orders without a hitch. The first year I was on here I bought over $10k in parts. On your end it was identical to PayPal and that is why I sent it ahead the very next day, on a Sunday. Still baffled why you had never sent me my end of the deal after two weeks. Thanks again for coming through.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 06-21-2016, 07:39 AM   #30
Jeff's bowtie's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimer1964 View Post
Hope The Radiator Shows up! I have known Tim 10 plus years Great guy! Things will work out!
X 2 I've known Tim for a while done a few deals with him great guy I'm sure it will turn up hope all works out
Jeff's bowtie's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 07:54 AM   #31
special-K
Special Order

Thanks guys, I appreciate the support. There's no one doubting that here and it looks like G.O.M. is standing up to his end. Besides, I have documentation on my end, so nothing to doubt. If anyone reads through this thread, and didn't know me before, I'm sure they'd see the kind I am. Just don't know no other way

Tim

Old 06-21-2016, 09:15 AM   #32
Grumpy old man

USPS money order sent via certified mail tracking #

7015 0640 0007 8946 0241

I'm heading to the Fed Ex distribution center to try to find this item and file a claim . I'll update you on what I find out .

Old 06-21-2016, 01:31 PM   #33
Grumpy old man

Per FedEx the driver doesn't remember where he left the package and due to the amount of time already passed without reporting a lost shipment and tracking # they cannot use truck GPS tracking to show where he was at time of supposed drop off , they emailed me a claim form but I need actual copies of all receipts at time of shipping along with value statement . Looks like it's a lost cause at this point .

Old 06-22-2016, 06:56 AM   #34
special-K
Special Order

This must have been the devil's own radiator. This is all so unbelievable to me. So many first time never happened before occurrences I can't begin to wrap my head around it all. FedEx has been great to deal with, much better than UPS by far. Is your house number clearly displayed? Do you leave your gate open? I've seen you post that you leave it closed. This is what FedEx does and they have always done it well from my experience. Not sure why you carried all this over to the thread and not in PM. Not sure why you never sent money till now. And, don't know why you sent payment certified mail. I can't believe that from last Thursday to yesterday made it too long to do anything about it. I have never given or asked for a tracking number. I have had some ask for one and I gave it to them. I trust people and I trust these parcel services. I don't need to follow my part along it's route. It gets here and that's all that matters. You never asked for tracking info. Last Thursday you said it still hadn't showed and maybe I should check my tracking info. That was just before I left for the weekend, couldn't find it before I left, and managed to find it when I got back, buried deeper in the receipt drawer from looking before. All they gave me was the receipt, their mistake, and that's how I overlooked it. Looked like a Walmart receipt or other. It does show the value, and with the order number, tracking number, and dates I don't know how it can be hopeless. I contacted you the following Sunday and you said it hadn't showed, but you live in the country and things take longer.I said that was strange because they told me 3-5 days. Usually their estimate takes less time. You seemed unconcerned and I waited to hear from you that it showed. Didn't hear a thing till last Thursday, 12 days after I sent it. I can't believe this has been too much time to do anything. We have to wait a while before we realize a shipment hasn't arrived. I can think of other more likely possibilities than FedEx leaving it at the wrong address so far from you and your six neighbors who see everything all the time from down their 1500' lanes. All this for a radiator sold for half what it's worth and overcharged on shipping. Unbelievable

Tim

Old 06-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #35
Grumpy old man

Smile Re: OEM Standard Radiator

Over the last 3 weeks I've bought and sold over $5,000.00 worth of parts and interior services ,first time I've ever had a lost package and it won't be the last I'm sure . I've turned down over $3,000.00 worth of work. just because of not wanting to deal with shipping multiple large items ( not related to this) so in the the long run this is just water under the bridge , no harm , no foul . I just wanted a good original radiator , I'll find another one , I'll file the claim and see what happens and I may check with houses with similar numbers further down the road . Ill just chalk this one up to a lazy Fed ex driver . All's good in Grumpy old man world ! Now , I have to move a couple 2,000 lb bulls today want to help with that ? There just like kittens ,Says the man with a permanent limp ! Haha

Old 06-22-2016, 09:11 AM   #36
special-K
Special Order

I can appreciate your good attitude. It sure has been gnawing at me. I care as much about the buyer getting what they pay for as I do about getting my money...maybe more.. That's why I asked if you got it and said nothing about not getting the money.

Those bulls can be gentle as kittens, but when something stirs those nads up they become rhinos. Just don't move one onto your foot or that limp will turn to gimp and we don't need no Gimpy Old Man here. Oops, sorry if we have some already. What I meant was we don't want to see anyone else get hurt bad.

Good luck on getting this resolved. I don't see why it couldn't be. I have the info they want for you. I can get involved if you want. Just didn't know anything on your end.

Tim