The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-06-2016, 05:26 AM   #1
DJ_Baar

Greetings from NOLA area

I'm an ol grey bearded Wrench. I enjoy building old Hot Rods and Harleys. I have an old 53 Chevy 5 Window 3100 Pickup on & off again project for years during my time with the Navy (13 carriers and other deployments slowed that down). But have since retired from Navy and now working in one place and divorced; she got the house and I am still working to get that truck back.
But I recently (this last holiday weekend) traded a sweet custom (I built) '74 Harley Shovelhead for this 1967 Chevy C20 "camper special." Truck has a 350 (was 327) with TH400 A/T, (suspect) 4.10 differential, w/ (yes) 8 bolt wheels. Other than engine upgrade, all original & only 66K for original mileage. Only rust on this 49 year old truck is passenger rocker panel and rear cab corner (& I have the replacement parts from Seller). Also provide complete parts from '71 GMC 3/4 ton too, for disk brake conversion (already has power brakes). And need to convert old A/C to new system for servicing. Not my first rodeo, but new to this year and model Chevy truck. Saftey first, so starting with front suspension and brakes - like I said "all original." Attached a few pictures for you from after I got 'er home and pressure washed some of the Florida dirt and mold off 'er and Shovelhead I had built and traded for truck, plus a little cash. Plans are keep it for a truck, start with safety, and tinker with for comforts and glamour.
Attached Images

DJ_Baar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #2
hoss67

Re: Greetings from NOLA area

Welcome!!! Right next door to you.
hoss67 is offline   Reply With Quote