The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-09-2016, 10:33 AM   #51
dmjlambert

Re: 1969 "ryder" c-30 truck

If considering keeping the logo, I would contact Ryder and see if they will be a sponsor in finishing up the restoration. That is a cool truck. I wonder if the box would be swappable for an extra-long pickup bed with a few bolts or some sort of quick mount system, so you could switch back and forth between pickup and moving truck whenever you want.
dmjlambert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 01:05 PM   #52
palallin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahl4m View Post
been working on truck,replacing back door,newbattery,etc. been wanting to pull 292 w 400 trans,runs good just dont have the grunts to fly down interstate w/ trailer behind ?? Ls motor,vortec or what would anybody recommend ? probably do a 14 bolt rear ?what ratio should i find for a late model od trans ??
That truck is not meant to fly--it has no wings, you see--and airplanes don't pull trailers. My recommendation--worth exactly what you're paying for it: leave it be. Too many people putting late-model motors in vintage trucks already. It's a cool, useable truck, not a race car or a hot rod.
Old 07-09-2016, 01:37 PM   #53
slomotion
Old Duffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palallin View Post
That truck is not meant to fly--it has no wings, you see--and airplanes don't pull trailers. My recommendation--worth exactly what you're paying for it: leave it be. Too many people putting late-model motors in vintage trucks already. It's a cool, useable truck, not a race car or a hot rod.
I have to agree. The 292 is an excellent engine that will run forever. Also keep in mind stopping is more important than going in today's traffic.
How many times have you looked under the hood of a truck at a show and seen the same SBC? How many times do you see a clean dressed out Six?
It's your truck and your $$, but the 292 may grow on you. If it were me, I'd look at a Gear Vendors OD and keep the current running gear. It's bullet proof and you don't have to do a bunch of modifying to make it work.
JMHO.

'81 G10 Shorty Van

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." Will Rogers

"Under promise, then over achieve."
slomotion is offline   Reply With Quote