The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-04-2016, 11:23 PM   #1
CousinTone

Company with ethics

Hi, this is probably supposed to be posted elsewhere, but I wanted to share an experience with Tekton Tools. I bought a set of snap ring pliers on Amazon for $17.99. I was using the straight pair and the pin broke off one side.

Looking up my purchase, it was July of 2015 and reading the description the warranty section read "always". I sent in an email asking what always meant and explained my issue. They asked for a picture and address to replace the tool. Two weeks go by and today at my front door was a complete set of four snap ring pliers. Not only did they stand behind their product, they went above and beyond sending me the whole set. If you ever have Tekton as a choice, don't hesitate and go ahead with the purchase. Considering the deep pockets we all have, this was a welcome cost saving and excellence in customer satisfaction.

I hope you all have a great weekend working on our little babies and there is still honor and ethics in some companies out there. Let's support them.
CousinTone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:39 AM   #2
RonG

Re: Company with ethics

Cousin Tone, Thanks for the heads up on Tekton. It's refreshing to hear of a company where customer satisfaction is the primary objective. RonG
RonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:22 PM   #3
cleszkie

All is good unless you break the pins on the new sets as well. Good customer service is nice, but if the product sucks, that is another issue. Hope that is not the case here.
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
davepl

Who'd you write to, Tekton or Amazon? I've had some great experiences with Amazon of late, just curious (nope, I don't work there).
davepl is offline   Reply With Quote