The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #26
chevyguyase

Re: t5 trans help 235

Exactly, There was more than enough metal on the hub. If I was running 400 hp or a heaver vehicle I might worry. An 11 inch clutch on my straight 6? No worries mate. There is nothing wrong with the way you are doing it though, if your not getting gear noise and that only last a few thousand miles. We can't do it to a customer's car, or we would have to go in front of Judge Judy.
chevyguyase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 10:35 PM   #27
billrobbobjo

Well boys we did it, Just wanna say thanks. I do hear and noise when im in 5th gear though a slow turning sounding, Im thinking that back bearing isnt sitting right. I cut about 3/4 an inch off the end so both shafts are the same length, aka Old trans to new trans the Jeep gear works great, Just gotta figure out whats up with 5th, Maybe a bit heavy on the torque?
billrobbobjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:28 PM   #28
billrobbobjo

Coming back to it, I have now fixed another problem i had, My rear end was pointed about 10 degrees up, i have returned it back to about 1 degree downward I dont get any knuckle binding anymore when going from 0-5 mph, But i do have a problem. It seems that when i try to start out, if i bring up the reves and bring down the reves it makes no difference, Just how slowly i let the clutch out makes the only difference, When i let it out I get a pretty good shake. When i down shift i get the most shaking besides 0-5 mph, I get the shake on my t56 camaro when the reves are to low. its the hooping feeling if you know what i mean. Im rocking just 1 pack of springs so the orginial longest 3 springs. I dont know what else to do. My shocks are ok but maybe i should replace them. I dont really wanna get stiffer springs till i get a new rear end any tips? could this be the clutch disc or think its a drive line problem? or maybe rear end?
billrobbobjo is offline   Reply With Quote