The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-11-2016, 10:57 PM   #1
efocht

Running/reverse light issue.

Ok all I just rewired my 70' c10 and I need some advise! Every thing in the truck works fine except for rear running lights and reverse, I tested reverse plug and I have power coming to the plug. The brake and turns work fine but no running lights. I'm guessing I may have snagged a wire on frame while running or could I have a ground issue? And help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ed
efocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:01 AM   #2
kwmech

Re: Running/reverse light issue.

Power to the rear in the brown wire? if so you have a grounding issue. If not blown fuse, cut wire etc.
kwmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:37 AM   #3
VetteVet
Msgt USAF Ret

Re: Running/reverse light issue.

Here is your wiring diagram. The brown wire is the tail light wire and the light green wire is the reverse lights wire. The license plate light also works off the tail light wire.

I agree with KWmech that there is a cut wire but the stop/tail fuse controls the stoplights too, so it's good, and the turns/stoplights work so the ground should be good especially if they work with all the lights on.

There are three connections in the circuit. one on the firewall behind the distributor and one in the frame rail, then another one in the rear.

Name:  !cid_41C4D85D17D9418AA9AE410DA9D317A1@OWNER.jpg
Views: 3234
Size:  45.9 KB

metallic green 67 stepside
74 corvette convertible
1965 Harley sportster
1995 Harley wide glide

Growing old is hell, but it beats the alternative.
VetteVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
efocht

Thumbs up Re: Running/reverse light issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteVet View Post
Here is your wiring diagram. The brown wire is the tail light wire and the light green wire is the reverse lights wire. The license plate light also works off the tail light wire.

I agree with KWmech that there is a cut wire but the stop/tail fuse controls the stoplights too, so it's good, and the turns/stoplights work so the ground should be good especially if they work with all the lights on.

There are three connections in the circuit. one on the firewall behind the distributor and one in the frame rail, then another one in the rear.

Attachment 1569728
Thanks for info that was really helpful in ruling out a ground issue, time to chase wires!
efocht is offline   Reply With Quote