The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-13-2016, 02:24 PM   #1
60-66

Re: GMC vs Chevy differences

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmcgee View Post
60-66,

I managed to find a GMC sales data book and purchase it. I already had one for Chevy, so when it arrives I should be able to compare them page-by-page to get an idea of options, etc.

I was considering starting a Google document page with the data side by side for comparison. Perhaps we could get such a thing pinned.

I also bought a parts interchange manual which claims to be GMC specific, which will be another good start at identifying what crosses over and how.

B
Theres so many differences, B ,that the books do not explain , paint , assembly, chassis, bolts, many options are specific to GMC only just to name a few. Certain plants used the same methods as Chevy for paint and assembly yet others were built much different in technique. This is just naming a few.

Heres our ONE LONELY thread for restoration http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=488680 .This is a good thread but it covers every subject in no specific order. Then theres several other threads you have to search for. Remember though , much info you'll read, can be stated, but not backed up , best to get several opinions and do a lot of research as GMC is difficult to get facts on unless you document survivor trucks and find a ton of GMC books. One comment already in this thread about a " rare 4 barrel intake for GMC" , this needs to be seen , as the person that originated that comment "Saw one in a junkyard" . When I get time I will dig for more info on that.

What year Data book did you find ? I have the 1960 1965 and 1969 along with several different accessory books specific to GMC. I have all the Chevrolet Data books from 1957-1972 . GMC data books are very tough to find.

Im just over the boarder in Wisconsin , maybe Ill get to see your truck one of these days. Jon
WANTED :1964-1966 PANEL TRUCK
60-66 is offline   Reply With Quote