The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-12-2016, 09:23 PM   #26
lime1982

Re: McGaughy's or DJM????

I can't weigh in to much on this because I haven't driven the truck yet,bUT I have the djm upper and lower control arms on my 82. I'm not to worried because I am going to be running a 20 inch wheel. But with the 15 inch rims and 265 65 tires the pockets ok the djm arms are so close to the ground it's scary. I decided to run the djm because I wanted new control arms and it seemed like the economical choice dropping and replacing at same time. Pros so far all welds look great ,they are seemingly pretty beefy and well made.. cons the pockets are super low which could be dangerous on smaller tire/ wheels . The powder coat is garbage,flakes chipping off in box before I ever even touched them,and the hardware they use rust super easy ,if you do use them after install I recommend covering every bolt wit a little clear paint or something. Mine have just been sitting under carport waiting for rest of build and all bolt hEads look horrible.anyways good luck with whatever choice you make.
lime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 04:09 PM   #27
WarMonger

I will look into Crown suspension. Never heard of them, but I will go check out their website.
thanks
1970 C20
-_--_--_- ______
_--_--_- /___|__\____
-_--_-_ |_(0)|__|_(0)]
1972 K5
WarMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 08:57 PM   #28
Rednek13x

i did the full McGaughy's kit and added 2" drop shackles to the rear. right away the coil springs lowered me more than the 2" and since iv driven it about 1,000 miles it has settled about another inch. giving me a stance im not too impressed with and would like the rear an inch to an inch and a half lower still. i was running 235/75/15 tires up front and they would hit the inner fender well with ease. after stretching the inner fenders out they still out hit but not as bad, installing 235/70/15 tires tomorrow.

i wish the front was more stiff, but again i am running the cheapest shocks
Rednek13x is offline   Reply With Quote