The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-26-2016, 06:13 AM   #1
Redfish

Gauge Cluster question

Question,,, I need to buy another Dash Bezel for my 1987 R-10,,, LMC has them,,, my old one was cracked ,,, after having been removed several times while at the body shop,,, not a big deal,, I was looking to replace it anyway.

Before I order and put the new Bezel into the truck ,,, I don't want to do this but one time,,, I want to replace the Temperature Control unit,,, I also want to install a new radio,,, the oil and temp gauges were replaced at the mechanic's shop.

So, my question is this,, I am looking to replace two more things that go under the bezel,,, but not sure if I can get them or not,,,

My truck doesn't have a clock,,, not that I need one,,, but my instrument cluster has the spot for it,, so I want to fill in this spot ,, can I buy a digital one that I can put into that spot?

The second question : I was reading in the section of this Forum ,,, where people place their C-10 project builds,,, I am always reading this section lol I spend hours looking at this section ,,,, I saw a build last night where a guy got the part of the instrument cluster, ( not sure what it is called ) where the odometer is at,,, basically he bought a new odometer that read 000000 ,,, I want this Everything on my truck is new,, including the engine,,, can I buy a new odometer that reads 000000 ,,, not a digital one either?

Here is a link to his build post showing the new odometer : http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=327474&page=6
Redfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:27 AM   #2
lime1982

Re: Gauge Cluster question

Forgive me if I read wrong but do you need a new odometer, or you just want one with 0 miles? there are some write ups on here about resetting your original odo. Dakota digital also makes the complete bezel with gauges in analog.
lime1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
bbbc10
Diggin The SquareLife

I wouldnt buy a gauge bezeo from lmc.....get one from ebay....there are serval nice oem ones on there
bbbc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:18 PM   #4
TKCR

I did pretty much what your wanting to do with the dash. It is best, in my opinion, to do what ever you need to replace while the dash is torn apart. I too didn't have a clock, but I wanted to add one. Found it on Ebay. And they show up on here, on the parts board from time to time.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...clock&_sacat=0

Now if you add a quartz clock, you'll need to replace your lens with one that has a hole for the stem. There is a web-site that does sell digital clocks, but I wanted to keep mine stock looking.

http://www.classicindustries.com/sho...q=dash%20Clock

You can check out my build thread, but then maybe you have already seen it. But I also installed a new radio and replaced the A/C Control. New dash bezel & lens, all from LMC, which I'm very happy with.
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:16 PM   #5
85blustepside

I have very little ( ok next to none) mechanical ablilty.
I reset my own.
I then bought a clock and installed it.
behind the bezel i put reflective tape ( instead of painting it silver)
and put blue LEDs in there and I have got lots of positive reviews.

this is the tape I used
http://www.supplyhouse.com/Venture-T...FQMehgodovwAgw
85blustepside is offline   Reply With Quote