The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #1
Dzhezzi Kampos

1962 Chevy C10 Door Latch Assembly Question

Hello All!

I had a question: so I installed the door latch control and the door latch on my truck last night. The issue is that whenever I go to try to open the door from the inside it seems that the little rod that connects to the door latch doesn't travel enough to actually open the door. I move the door handles toward the back on the truck and it locks just fine. I go the opposite direction, but it does not open the door. I need to open it from the outside.

Am I missing something? Is there some adjustment I should be looking at?

Full disclosure, the door latch control is attached by three screws, well the bottom screw is not really a screw more like a fastener with a nut on the back because the door had a hole where the screw needed to go into. Not sure if it is relevant, but figured I should mention it.

If pictures are needed I will try to get some later today after work and school.

For reference, I have used the following picture form the LMC website(#10 and #7):

Thanks guys!
Dzhezzi Kampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
Dzhezzi Kampos

Re: 1962 Chevy C10 Door Latch Assembly Question

Here are some pictures of what I have installed.

In the first picture that is where the door latch control is attached to the door latch itself. The second one is my new door latch, and the final one is the actual door latch control I am using.

Dzhezzi Kampos is offline   Reply With Quote