The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-23-2016, 10:35 AM   #1
gwcrim

Corbeau and jump seat installation

I'm starting this thread to discuss the upcoming installation of these puppies:

http://corbeau.com/sport-seat.html

Though I really wanted a 40-20-40 seat, I chose these because of several factors. They have decent bolsters. Nothing radical, but enough to help. They have a removable headrest. I'd love to use them but if they prohibit a comfortable position, off they come. They have easy to use adapter brackets and an inflatable lumbar support. They are in stock, inexpensive, and shipping is just under $100.

Along with the seat installation, I'll be doing an LMC polyvinyl floor and some sort of console/jump seat.

And that's my current obsession. What are my options for a good looking, easily available jump seat with cup holders?
gwcrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:50 PM   #2
gwcrim

Re: Corbeau and jump seat installation

The seats and carpet are scheduled to arrive late this week. This is what it looks like now. Red overload.

Old 07-27-2016, 06:54 PM   #3
gwcrim

So, today the package from LMC arrived. The bad news is that there were several small holes in the MIP floor, the chrome trim I ordered was bent and the grill anchor nuts weren't the ones I needed. Hopefully, they'll take care of these issues promptly. Still, it puts me back a week.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:24 PM   #4
gwcrim

Seats got here today. They are beautimous! Really shouldn't put them in until the floor mat gets replaced. Might do it anyway. Just to trial fit it all.
Old 07-28-2016, 05:43 PM   #5
RUN GMC

Steubenville!!!!??!!!
RUN GMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:40 PM   #6
gwcrim

Out in the country side. Please don't hold it against me. Never lived in the city limits.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:45 PM   #7
gwcrim

Here are a few photos of what I did this evening.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:59 PM   #8
gwcrim

First impressions of the seats. I'm 5'9", 30" inseam, 165 lbs.

Installation was so easy a caveman could do it. Two holes per seat are needed to be drilled. I marked and drilled them prior to mounting the brackets to the seats.

They sit at least 2-3 inches higher than the old bench. Personally, that's a disappointment. The armrests on the doors are useless now. If I had the original steering wheel in, it may be a bit awkward.

They don't move as far forward as the bench. At full forward, I'm hitting the pedals perfectly but if you're shorter than me it could cause an issue.

Moved all the way forward with the seat leaning back as far as it can is a comfortable position. The headrest does not interfere but it does rest against the rear window. Taking it off won't get any more lean back. I wish it leaned back a bit more but I'm OK with it. The lean is only a little more than the bench. The bench was horrible.

I didn't try it with the seat moved back at all. I like sitting close and I'd have to make the back more upright.

LMC is shipping out a new floor. Once that's in, I'll start shopping for a jump seat. The most likely candidate is one from an '07-'13 Chevy full size. The floor mounts seem to look pretty easy to adapt AND they have 3 cup holders!!!
Old 09-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #9
gwcrim

Here's the latest: 2015 Tahoe jump seat / console. Not installed yet, just sitting there. It's more black in person than in the photo. Pretty good match. Mounting points look like they'll cooperate with the floor without lots of fabrication. Probably only need some suitable angle stock.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:45 PM   #10
bhc41051

Dean Martin is from Steubenville doesn't get much cooler than that.
bhc41051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:31 PM   #11
TKCR

Welcome!! I'm over on the NW part of Ohio. Your seats look very nice!!

PM sent
TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #12
gwcrim

I have the jump seat almost in. It was a pretty simple installation as these things go I suppose. I had to trim the plastic skirt in the back and cut off part of the original rear mounting tabs. There are a couple of locating studs in the rear that I threaded to 10mm x 1.5. I used a 3" piece of 1-1/4 steel to make adapter brackets. It's all done but for the holes in the floor.

Inside the lid of the seat back is a cigarette lighter, two USB ports, a 3.5mm audio jack, and a slot for a memory card. I'll wire them all to work except for the memory card. All in all it's turning out to be a pretty good addition.