The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
boatpuller

Selling an old pal

Sadly listing my truck due to moving and health reasons. I really had no idea what to ask. But, I do know the least I'll take.
I have more pics on craigs ad you guys that have been on here awhile know the truck..
$ 16,500
Too much ? Not enough ?

Heres the craigslist ad

1979 Chevy Custom Deluxe multiple show winner. Adult owned.. No rattles, squeaks tight front end. Has a crate 350 and a professionally rebuilt turbo 350 transmission and 12 bolt rear end. I have owned since 2005 and it's been stored inside and never driven in the rain just local cruises and car shows. All the following has been replaced in the rebuild and has less than 2k miles since. Vintage heat and air with a polished Sanden compressor that is ice cold. Radiator,belts hoses,plugs wires distributor Edelbrock 600 card Edelbrock air gap intake. Hedman ceramic headers and all new custom exhaust turned down behind rear tires with flowmaster 40 mufflers. All the door rubber and window rubber and sweeps is new and vent windows were sent out to be redone. New limo black tint and all led lights except headlights. Both bumpers are new as is all the trim. Bed has been done in Linex and looks like the day it was applied. Tires and 17 in American racing Hopsters and Toyo Proxes tires were purchased at the time Les Schwab lowered with a 4,6 Bell tech kit with New Nitro shocks and C notch. I added a front sway bar and it corners like it's on rails. Entire cab and doors are covered with a dynamat type mat which makes the cd player with Ipod hookup and Pioneer Premeire speakers sound great.........It has started to drip oil and trans fluid I think from not being driven at all the last few years only warmed up and driven around the block due to health reasons.
If you have been looking or thinking about one of these fast appreciating classic trucks you'll know when you see this one. $ 16,500 located in Longview email for appointment or questions.

The line across the bed pic is reflection its not there.

I don't need help selling and I'm not interested in ANY trades. Your form of payment must clear my bank so scammers don't waste our time. Bring green cash it may help.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2016, 10:57 AM   #2
tommy217xxx

Re: Selling an old pal

Your truck is a beauty. I don't think your asking price is to far out of line.

76 gmc 1500 swb patina finish
Dropped 4/5, 350/4 speed

80 Chevy c10 lwb
305/350
tommy217xxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 11:22 AM   #3
nekkidhillbilly
Account Suspended

no way at all is that a bad price. nice truck
nekkidhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #4
tommy217xxx

I always start high and let some one beat me up on it a little.

Dropped 4/5, 350/4 speed

80 Chevy c10 lwb
305/350
Old 09-29-2016, 01:12 PM   #5
riz

It seems like a very fair price to me...........Go out and try and build this truck........ you'll find out real quick how much is into it.

So sorry you have to sell it. It's a beauty !

RIZ
riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 02:37 PM   #6
Eyegore
What Hump?

You may not be asking enough, check these out:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5802745219.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5768241765.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5776960813.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5791918555.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5805042656.html
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/5719853560.html
Eyegore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 08:31 PM   #7
tommy217xxx

I agree with eyegore, your truck is very nice and to give a brand new truck away is crazy. I put it at 25 Obo and go from there.

Dropped 4/5, 350/4 speed

80 Chevy c10 lwb
305/350
Old 09-29-2016, 09:22 PM   #8
Jake Wade

I do not think your asking price is out of line. 25K is though, in my opinion.

I have seen that truck here before. Heck, I think I have it saved on Pintrest! I really admire it. Nice truck!
Jake Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 10:14 PM   #9
boatpuller

It's not easy coming up with a price on these vintage trucks. Iv'e got a ton of money into it and realize that doesn't mean much to a buyer. But, you couldn't build it for what i'm asking,
Old 09-30-2016, 06:36 AM   #10
andrewmp6

I think your middle of the ball park on the price vs whats all been spent on it.How fast it will sale who really knows it could move fast for take a while.
andrewmp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:55 AM   #11
MikeB

Very nice truck! I think $16.5K is a little high, but if the right buyer comes along, who knows? Since you asked, I'd say closer to $12.5K is a more realistic price, unless you find a buyer who absolutely must have it. But, hey, don't start that low!

As for those Craigslist trucks, asking is one thing, but getting even 3/4 of that price is another. My favorite is the 75 C10 for $29.5K. Really? I doubt it will sell for half that much unless the seller forgot to mention the Art Morrison chassis and the spare LS6 engine.

In fact if you ask way too much, like $20K, most folks will be reluctant to make a $16.5K offer, for fear of pi$$ing you off.

Car shows might be a good place to get the truck some exposure. Over here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, I see lots of cars and trucks for sale at the Pate Swap meet and Good Guys show that get seen by hundreds, if not thousands of people. Worst case, try some east Texas shows if you can find them.

When you do sell it, I'd sure like to know how much you got. And I hope my estimate is way low.
1981 C10 Silverado LWB -- sold, but wish I still had it!
1969 C10 (not the current one) that I bought in the early 1980s. Paid $1200; sold for $1500 a few years later. Just a hint at the appreciation that was coming.
Retired as a factory automation products salesman.
Worked part-time over the years for an engine builder and a classic car repair shop.
Member here for 24 years! This is the very first car/truck Internet forum I joined. I still used a dial-up modem back then!
MikeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #12
Malo83
Cruzzzn' Vet

She's my favorite BP, sorry to hear of the circumstances, hope you get the asking price, she's worth every penny
Malo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 05:43 PM   #13
bigblock73
yeller

One of my favorite trucks....sad to see it go!

I'll get some social media attention for you this weekend.
bigblock73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #14
Tash4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpuller View Post
Sadly listing my truck due to moving and health reasons. I really had no idea what to ask. But, I do know the least I'll take.
I have more pics on craigs ad you guys that have been on here awhile know the truck..
$ 16,500
Too much ? Not enough ?

Heres the craigslist ad

1979 Chevy Custom Deluxe multiple show winner. Adult owned.. No rattles, squeaks tight front end. Has a crate 350 and a professionally rebuilt turbo 350 transmission and 12 bolt rear end. I have owned since 2005 and it's been stored inside and never driven in the rain just local cruises and car shows. All the following has been replaced in the rebuild and has less than 2k miles since. Vintage heat and air with a polished Sanden compressor that is ice cold. Radiator,belts hoses,plugs wires distributor Edelbrock 600 card Edelbrock air gap intake. Hedman ceramic headers and all new custom exhaust turned down behind rear tires with flowmaster 40 mufflers. All the door rubber and window rubber and sweeps is new and vent windows were sent out to be redone. New limo black tint and all led lights except headlights. Both bumpers are new as is all the trim. Bed has been done in Linex and looks like the day it was applied. Tires and 17 in American racing Hopsters and Toyo Proxes tires were purchased at the time Les Schwab lowered with a 4,6 Bell tech kit with New Nitro shocks and C notch. I added a front sway bar and it corners like it's on rails. Entire cab and doors are covered with a dynamat type mat which makes the cd player with Ipod hookup and Pioneer Premeire speakers sound great.........It has started to drip oil and trans fluid I think from not being driven at all the last few years only warmed up and driven around the block due to health reasons.
If you have been looking or thinking about one of these fast appreciating classic trucks you'll know when you see this one. $ 16,500 located in Longview email for appointment or questions.

The line across the bed pic is reflection its not there.

I don't need help selling and I'm not interested in ANY trades. Your form of payment must clear my bank so scammers don't waste our time. Bring green cash it may help.
Posted via Mobile Device
Tash4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 07:28 PM   #15
boatpuller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
Very nice truck! I think $16.5K is a little high, but if the right buyer comes along, who knows? Since you asked, I'd say closer to $12.5K is a more realistic price, unless you find a buyer who absolutely must have it. But, hey, don't start that low!
Good thoughts Mike. I think there is a regional factor too on price.
As for those Craigslist trucks, asking is one thing, but getting even 3/4 of that price is another. My favorite is the 75 C10 for $29.5K. Really? I doubt it will sell for half that much unless the seller forgot to mention the Art Morrison chassis and the spare LS6 engine.

In fact if you ask way too much, like $20K, most folks will be reluctant to make a $16.5K offer, for fear of pi$$ing you off.

Car shows might be a good place to get the truck some exposure. Over here in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, I see lots of cars and trucks for sale at the Pate Swap meet and Good Guys show that get seen by hundreds, if not thousands of people. Worst case, try some east Texas shows if you can find them.

When you do sell it, I'd sure like to know how much you got. And I hope my estimate is way low.
Good points Mike . I have noticed before there seems to be a regional factor also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malo83 View Post
She's my favorite BP, sorry to hear of the circumstances, hope you get the asking price, she's worth every penny
Thanks Malo you and I have same taste in trucks .l have always liked yours for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblock73 View Post
One of my favorite trucks....sad to see it go!

I'll get some social media attention for you this weekend.
Hey Jeff. Long time no hear from. Spread the word bud.
Old 09-30-2016, 10:35 PM   #16
boatpuller

I wanted to thank everyone that posted opinions. I appreciate your time and thoughts.
I don't want anyone to feel left out as I quoted only a few. These are long time members that have been friends for years. I don't post much anymore so a lot of newer members I don't know. But, everyone's opinion was read and enjoyed the same.
Old 10-01-2016, 04:04 PM   #17
85blustepside

I dont think your price is crazy as that truck cannot be built for that.
But finding someone to pay that might be hard.
Id ask 18k and entertain offers.
85blustepside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:42 PM   #18
Tash4

Very nice truck . I think it would cost that much to build one that nice.
Tash4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:33 PM   #19
TheCougarine

Thats a really beautiful truck and I don't think thats a too bad price. The Squares are really coming up in value and desirability so I'm sure you'll get plenty of interest. I will say from experience it can be hard finding someone who knows exactly what they're looking at and has the cash to pay for it. Theres always the line you have to walk when selling between what you know the vehicles worth and what you can get someone to pay without having it sit for a year.
TheCougarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:08 AM   #20
KQQL IT
At the body shop.

Having spent double that starting with a way crappier truck, I'd say you're in lane with your pricing.
Had I the extra money I'd buy it.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:34 AM   #21
special-K
Special Order

I thought you had already sold this or I would have been trying to save up for this. It's a nice and sharp looking turn-key needs nothing changed truck and the $15k range (+/-) is where it all begins with that quality vehicle no matter what it is...as long as it's one people are looking for. Yours has a super classy color combo which I feel helps put it up in a higher range. So between $15k and 20k is right. Could easily ask $18k and not scare everyone off. Especially if you list it in a specialty vehicle classifieds

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote