The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-09-2016, 12:14 AM   #1
Mrturner1

Show me your lowering kits and ride heights

Well I'm starting my suspension once again and I'm ready to but lowering springs, but I can't base my spring purchase off of the truck as it sits because the current springs are so old they are sagging, and I'm sure it's already a couple inches lower than stock hieght. My truck is a 1970 LWB, and it's going to have 17" or 18" inch rims when it's done. It also has 3" exhaust but no tailpipes yet because I need to lower it first. I don't want to C notch anything, but I do want it pretty low. I've come to terms with the probability of doing spindles too which I had wanted to avoid. I think 3 inches in the front is as far as you can go without spindles correct? If so, a few pics of a 3/5 drop would be great, and also a 4/6 just in case I decide that I have to go spindles. Also did you guys with 3" exhaust have to cut holes in your crossmember? Thanks you guys

Matt

Last edited by Mrturner1; 10-09-2016 at 12:30 AM.
Mrturner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:20 AM   #2
GR8-68

Re: Show me your lowering kits and ride heights

I wouldn't think your suspension is sagging nearly two inches, that is a lot. But if you are not wanting to do a c notch then you don't want to go 3/5 or 4/6 they recommend a c notch for anything below a four inch drop.

It is easily overlooked that what is now called vintage was once brand new.

"Project 68"

paypal.me/ldgrant
GR8-68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 04:36 AM   #3
66clow

Re: Show me your lowering kits and ride heights

3 5 is fine without a c-notch. 6 is doable as well in the rear but really cutting it close. 6 you will likely hit on bumps or hauling stuff. Would c-notch at 6. I have turndowns but not 3 in.

66clow is offline   Reply With Quote