The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-26-2016, 09:45 PM   #26
ck5566
Account Suspended

Re: Wife gets to drive her truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee5782 View Post
Thanks guys, I think I got my first full night sleep last night since I started the project. I'm not a very patient man.

Truck is driving ok but the 700r4 is shifting into overdrive really quick after hitting drive.... not sure what is going on there. I'm not a trany guy.

Also speedo head is working but the speedo gear in the tail shaft has to big of a square hole for the cable and I can just spin the gear with small screwdriver which makes me believe it might be stripped. Does that sound right to you guys.

Anyone know any pointers on the overdrive dill?
If the trans is shifting into top gear (4th) all to quickly start with the TV cable. It could be out of adjustment or your Carbs TV Throttle Mount might not be adjusted right. Also you might need a TV Geometry Corrector at the area of the Throttle Shaft Lever.
ck5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 10:27 PM   #27
GOPAPA

Very Very nice job ..the work paid off ,,thx for sharing with us
Old 10-27-2016, 12:18 PM   #28
mckee5782

Angry Re: Wife gets to drive her truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck5566 View Post
If the trans is shifting into top gear (4th) all to quickly start with the TV cable. It could be out of adjustment or your Carbs TV Throttle Mount might not be adjusted right. Also you might need a TV Geometry Corrector at the area of the Throttle Shaft Lever.
I ordered the bracket from Summit but I don't like the way it is lining up. When I push the button and slide it back and then go full throttle it is just clicking it one notch. I think I am going to modify the bracket and get it out straight with the throttle and see what that does.
mckee5782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 12:24 PM   #29
mckee5782

You and see the TV cable was hooked up to a peace of plumbers tape to be hooked onto the carb. The PO told me that his mom had just paid to have the 700r4 rebuilt and installed but he could not drive it do to not being able to get truck to run....... Thank goodness! As bad as the wiring was I am suppressed it did not burn down when they hooked a battery up!
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2016, 10:24 PM   #30
mckee5782

Put a new TV cable bracket on this evening and it seems to have fixed the quick gear changing. Tomorrow my psrsts from summit should come in so I can fix the speedo drive gears.
Old 10-27-2016, 10:35 PM   #31
ck5566
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckee5782 View Post
You and see the TV cable was hooked up to a peace of plumbers tape to be hooked onto the carb. The PO told me that his mom had just paid to have the 700r4 rebuilt and installed but he could not drive it do to not being able to get truck to run....... Thank goodness! As bad as the wiring was I am suppressed it did not burn down when they hooked a battery up!
Don't feel bad your not alone in the Rube Goldberg dept. Here is what the PO of my truck did
Attached Images

ck5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:16 AM   #32
mckee5782

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck5566 View Post
Don't feel bad your not alone in the Rube Goldberg dept. Here is what the PO of my truck did
Nice, at least it was hooked up.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:07 AM   #33
cleanfreak

Timing on this was great , just decided what color to paint my white 67 project inside - looks good!
cleanfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:14 AM   #34
northern 85

You can get a line pressure gauge to check the pressure, if i remember right it only 2 or 3 psi higher hooked up at idle in park I used bowtie overdrives for my info and linkage.
northern 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:45 PM   #35
mckee5782

We drove it about 200 miles this weekend, trany is shifting good now. speedo is working...... but I can hear it clicking in the dash..... Installed arm rest, black lettering to the tailgate, adjusted the brakes again. Sure is fun to drive!