The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-14-2016, 07:10 PM   #26
Ghost's68

Re: Another brake question

Quote:
Originally Posted by demian5 View Post
You have achieved rockstar status. Please report back. And make sure the check valve works properly. I bought a kit for my impala and the booster "honked" when you pressed the brake pedal. The check valve wasn't completely opening.
Ordering now. Thank you for the tremendous help. I'll have to look into how to check for proper check valve function since I've never don't it. I don't think it would be to hard to do.
Ghost's68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #27
Ghost's68

The CPP brake booster showed up. Got a few questions before I try and throw it on.

Can I install the whole assembly then bench bleed it?

Second is my brake pedal only had one hole, do I have to drill another hole to have the rod line up?

Third, as far as the front brake lines go, I have one line going to the M/C then to a Tee that splits off. Do I need to run independent lines to the M/C?

Thanks guys

Old 11-22-2016, 05:33 PM   #28
zosoppp

There is still one line from the combination/proportioning valve down to the tee to the front lines, and one line for the rear brakes (tee eventually on rear axle).
Old 11-22-2016, 07:41 PM   #29
demian5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost's68 View Post
Can I install the whole assembly then bench bleed it?

Second is my brake pedal only had one hole, do I have to drill another hole to have the rod line up?
I would install booster with master off and bench bleed master with combo valve off.

If you bench bleed on the car, disconnect the combo valve and make sure you press really slow and do not bottom the pistons out in the master cylinder. Watch them go by in the holes in the bottom of the master fluid reservoir.

Surprised it didn't come with instructions... I would call CPP about the extra hole. they would know everything about installing their stuff on these trucks and have a definite answer for you.
1983 K2500 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2
Instagram: C10sofOC
demian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:02 AM   #30
Ghost's68

Quote:
Originally Posted by demian5 View Post
I would install booster with master off and bench bleed master with combo valve off.

If you bench bleed on the car, disconnect the combo valve and make sure you press really slow and do not bottom the pistons out in the master cylinder. Watch them go by in the holes in the bottom of the master fluid reservoir.

Surprised it didn't come with instructions... I would call CPP about the extra hole. they would know everything about installing their stuff on these trucks and have a definite answer for you.
It did. I didn't have much time to actually read them since I had to get ready for work. I only ask because I have never done one and I just want to make sure I don't mess it up.