The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-24-2016, 10:32 AM   #1
chad64chevy

need some pictures please

ok so I'm looking at fitting my doors and fenders! I've seen the 5/32" measurement with a 1/4" gap at the bottom picture! So my questions are: does the door line up with the front edge of the rocker panel? and then there's a 5/32" gap from the edge of the door? the back of the door I can add to if need be!

so I guess I'm just asking if the door should line up with the front of the rocker panel or sits back 5/32"! my drivers door I got a 1/4" or so gap at the back of the door. but my passenger door I'm at the 5/32" measurement at the back edge of the door!

some pictures and advise would be great, I know the gaps on these trucks are not great and that fitting the doors to the cab is common
chad64chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
LT1 Burb

Re: need some pictures please

I don't have an answer but the door gaps suck unless you spend considerable time on them by adding and subtracting metal. I had a perfect original paint door and the gap along one edge varies by an 1/8".
LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote