The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-06-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
woolyworm

1970 K25 Lift Kit

So I was out bird hunting on the back roads a couple of weeks ago and turned into a shallow ditch to turn around. When I did, the rear driver wheel compressed into the wheel well a bit and bang - broken main spring right behind the rear u bolt. I limped it home and started looking at replacement options. I decided on a Tuff Country 2" kit. I considered the 4" but settled on the 2 after browsing through a bunch of pics - this green one being one of my favorites, what a sweet ride.

I'm running 265/75r16's and don't envision going to 35s but could see 33's in my future.

These were the original springs and bushings and getting them out has been a real bear - had to cut all bolts on both sides between the hangers and springs to get them out - 20 or so sawzall blades later they are out!

Anyone know the torque for the rear shackle to frame bolts?
Attached Images

woolyworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 10:37 PM   #2
woolyworm

Re: 1970 K25 Lift Kit

Front spring broke as well right at the front hanger - yikes! Lift is in, ride and stance are great.
woolyworm is offline   Reply With Quote