The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2016, 02:55 AM   #30
Ken Magura

Thumbs up Re: Am I missing something on my heater assembly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaHardware View Post
This is in the 1964 section of the Assembly Manual. It shows (4) Deflector, p/n 3843950, for RPO C42 (Deluxe Heater). There are no other pictures of it. So apparently there WAS a part. Whether it was later cancelled or easily fell out, who knows? I appears to be plastic. Anybody got one of these?
That deflector part # 3843950-grp.# 9.783 is in the original price guide (.06) dealer price !!! But it isn't in the original parts book from 1964.
(I'm telling my age) I worked at a chevy dealership as a young kid in the parts department and I remember those little plastic baffles that people would come back after a few weeks and raise hell about them breaking or falling off and us having to keep track of all the customers wanting replacements. So finally the service manager had the new car get ready guys to just remove the baffles to stop the madness !!! These were on the deluxe heater units.
I wish I would have collected up and saved all those baffles.
Ken
Ken Magura is offline   Reply With Quote