The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #1
toddoky

Re: Hooker 73-87 GM truck LS swap system

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccrane0044 View Post
Now that's what I call service! Awesome, Thanks a lot.

As for the engine brackets I don't think I was clear on what I mean't, Sorry. I was referring to the engine mounts that are sold in the 2334K1 Kit.
That kit number you posted is something the Jeg's packages and sells on its own, but going off of the image of the components on their website, they are the Hooker GM truck engine mounts (12621HKR) I had in mind when I gave my answer as to the fitment of non-Hooker headers.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 09:26 PM   #2
SC_Titan

Any more info on the dual tank setup on the red truck?

wondering if an 87+ blazer tank will work with the 3in exhaust.
SC_Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 11:18 PM   #3
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC_Titan View Post
Any more info on the dual tank setup on the red truck?

wondering if an 87+ blazer tank will work with the 3in exhaust.
The tanks are stock, but I'm not sure what other parts the rest of the fuel system is comprised of. I can't say whether or not the Blazer tank would be compatible with Hooker exhaust system as it was not evaluated for compatibility during development of the whole system.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #4
toddoky

I've not posted any new information in this thread in a while and thought I'd share some new Holley accessory drive options that apply to this application.

Holley has recently released a new accessory drive system that shares the same component configuration as the 4th-gen F-body FEAD. This set-up is capable of being installed at both the F-body and truck offsets with the parts contained in the packaging; installation at the Corvette-offset is not possible.

A very cool feature of this set-up is it allows the user to install the small or large truck type alternators as you can see in the attached photos.

The new Holley low-mount A/C compressor bracket for the Sanden SD7B10 also shown in the photos has the capability of being installed at the Corvette, F-body or truck offsets, depending on the vehicle application and the specific engine swap brackets being used.

For those of you using the Hooker 12612HKR 73-87 GM truck brackets, the A/C compressor bracket can be installed at the F-body and truck offsets without have to cut or modify anything.

The parts shown in the photos were painted black by the vehicle owner and are not available from Holley in that finish; all production components are bare aluminum.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG].
Old 02-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #5
sprint_9

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddoky View Post
The new Holley low-mount A/C compressor bracket for the Sanden SD7B10 also shown in the photos has the capability of being installed at the Corvette, F-body or truck offsets, depending on the vehicle application and the specific engine swap brackets being used.
Any idea as to when the AC bracket will ship? I pre-ordered a month ago and the estimated ship date keeps getting pushed back to maintain a two week gap to the present day.
sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:45 PM   #6
toddoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint_9 View Post
Any idea as to when the AC bracket will ship? I pre-ordered a month ago and the estimated ship date keeps getting pushed back to maintain a two week gap to the present day.
I don't have any idea personally as I'm not involved with the development of those particular products.
Posted via Mobile Device