The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-17-2016, 07:19 PM   #1
Toolman_69

First C10 build-It's got a Rat.

It's been a few months since I bought this truck. I bought it for a song, only paid 800 dollars for her. It's got a 454 the date code is from 1974 with 049 heads on it. It came without a distributor and a carburetor. I set the timing at 12 degrees initial, and rebuilt a carburetor i had sitting around the shop. First time I turned her over it fired right up. She's got a very healthy lope to her, and its mellowed a little bit since I hooked the vaccuum advance up but I couldn't be happier. This leads me to believe that the comp cams sticker wasn't under the hood just to have a sticker there. It's got a Super T-10 4 speed behind the engine, but this tranny is the super sought after 904 nodular iron case that was only available as a performance piece through GM performance in the early 80's. Last week I picked up a bench seat from a 68 that is in excellent condition. I'm not really a fan of the shifter, and it hits the seat in neutral so I need to get a hurst stick that'll clear the seat. Today I spent part of the day cleaning and prepping the Differential for the carrier swap I'm doing. I'm putting a Yukon Posi unit, and a 4.10 gear. I got a sway bar from a 2006 3/4 ton (1 7/16") and a 7/8" rear sway bar from a suburban. I'm going to drop it initially 4/6 with 3/4 ton drop springs on the rear with a 2 inch block. I'm excited to drive it and have some fun. Thanks for reading.
Attached Images

Toolman_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
Toolman_69

Re: First C10 build-It's got a Rat.

Here's 2 more pictures, a better one of the engine compartment, and on of the bench seat I just got installed.
Attached Images

Toolman_69 is offline   Reply With Quote