The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #1
dajn
Account Suspended

Re: Are you guys as disappointed with 07 and up chevy trucks as i am?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1971Blazer View Post
I had an '08 Tahoe with the 5.3 .......significant oil consumption issue......traded it.........
A couple years ago I bought an 08 ltz suburban with 138,000 miles. I have owned a few earlier 2000's chevy's with the 5.3 and have always had great luck with them. I didn't know anything about the cylinder deactivation issue with 07 an up 5.3. So when I bought the suburban, the last thing I was concerned about was the engine. Turns out that was the main thing I should have worried about. Research before buying is so important. Anyways, that 08 went through a quart of oil every thousand miles on average. I put 15k miles on it and then sold it. I ended getting most of my money back but oil consumption like that is unacceptable. It really was a great ride though. My 2000 suburban has 330,000 on it. Original transmission. Engine replaced at 282,000. It's too bad about that ltz. That thing was so nice but I am not into replacing engines. I am sure the new ones don't have that problem anymore but beware when buying a used 07, 08 or so.
dajn is offline   Reply With Quote