The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-16-2017, 11:24 PM   #1
KyleSeal

GMCPaul Door Seals...

Is there anywhere to purchase them besides direct from his site? The shipping is just so much money its not necessarily worth it to me.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #2
Zeroman

Re: GMCPaul Door Seals...

I can tell you from my experience that GMC Paul's has the best price including shipping.

Unfortunately, I needed mine immediately, so I went with another vendor who could two day ship. I paid 20% more, plus the additional shipping fee....about $90 total.

I wish I could have waited for the standard shipping from GMC Paul's. I have purchased items from him before and been very satisfied.
Zeroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #3
68is4me

The seals are made by precision seals and I am sure they are available from other venders to.

GMCpauls freight is a little high but I would rather pay a little more for freight to buy from a topnotch company. Every time I order from them it has been a good experience and the parts arrive in under a week.
06 gmc duramax
68is4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #4
KyleSeal

It comes up to 17 bucks for just the push on door seals. Which comes to nearly 70 dollars, when Ive purchased box loads nearing 200 from ClassicParts which comes to only 12 for shipping.

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #5
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68is4me View Post
The seals are made by precision seals and I am sure they are available from other venders to.

GMCpauls freight is a little high but I would rather pay a little more for freight to buy from a topnotch company. Every time I order from them it has been a good experience and the parts arrive in under a week.
They are... I bought them locally from a "hot rod" shop.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:38 AM   #6
custom10nut

Quote:
the seals are made by precision seals and i am sure they are available from other venders to.

Gmcpauls freight is a little high but i would rather pay a little more for freight to buy from a topnotch company. Every time i order from them it has been a good experience and the parts arrive in under a week.
x10
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #7
special-K
Special Order

People pay $18 to ship small old parts all day long on the parts board. That's a large flat rate box. That's just what it costs to ship these days. The big guys get a big discount and can even eat a little shipping.

Does Classic Parts sell Precision? Will they sell you what Paul does or OEM type? The reason people refer to them as GMC Paul's seals, even though they are made by Precision, is because it's the independent guys like him who have been around a long time who figure out these tricks that make our trucks a little better.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #8
67ChevroletDude

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Does Classic Parts sell Precision? Will they sell you what Paul does or OEM type? The reason people refer to them as GMC Paul's seals, even though they are made by Precision, is because it's the independent guys like him who have been around a long time who figure out these tricks that make our trucks a little better.
I bought CP's push-on door seals a few weeks ago and they are Precision. It looks like GMC Paul's seals that have the mitered corners and everything else that has been talked about, are they the same? I have no idea without side-by-side
67ChevroletDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:11 PM   #9
kcsa75

Quote:

People who blindly follow a GPS end up on television programs on The Weather Channel. Some survive, some don't.
kcsa75 is offline   Reply With Quote