The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-04-2017, 08:11 PM   #1
Alberta65

4 spd Trans Seal??

Hey guys, Im trying to figure out a way of making a four speed trans seal, the thick gasket that goes in between the top of trans and bottom of trans tunnel. I know lmc sells them but I'm not paying to ship that to the great white north. Anyone have proper dimensions or material to use to make my own? Napa only sells thin cork and rubber gaskets but from what i can see this thing should be about 2 1/2" thick. PO has put in some house insulation so that sure as hell won't be going back in....

Thanks
Alberta65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #2
66Submarine

Re: 4 spd Trans Seal??

(IIRC) I just cut mine from a 3" thick piece of foam I had laying around. An old boat seat cushion might be a source of suitable material in the Great White North.
Old 01-21-2017, 11:54 AM   #3
vince1

Re: 4 spd Trans Seal??

I think the place might be Norwesco Industries and I have bought rubber products from them before. If you go north of 71Ave on 6st SE they are on one of the little side roads to the right just about the end of 6st. Above the south Costco to the west and east of the gear center in Calgary. You will be amazed at what they have in there.
vince1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 04:57 PM   #4
Alberta65

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
I think the place might be Norwesco Industries and I have bought rubber products from them before. If you go north of 71Ave on 6st SE they are on one of the little side roads to the right just about the end of 6st. Above the south Costco to the west and east of the gear center in Calgary. You will be amazed at what they have in there.
Thanks!! Always nice to find someone who knows good shops around the great white north. I am always so jealous listening to all the yanks talk about their wicked automotive parts stores and then going to my local crappy tire for a casual let down.
Posted via Mobile Device
Alberta65 is offline   Reply With Quote