The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
Blazerowner

Aftermarket Seats

I know this has been discussed before, butI'm deciding on what to do with my seats and ran across the site below. What really caught my eye is the bench seat can be made to any width. They are a little pricey but its a nice option considering what I've been quoted to have my seats recovered. I was checking out the Corbeau Front and rears and while cheaper, the rear seat looks pretty small. The largest is 42" and measuring mine looks to be 48".
What do you guys think? I've sat in the original seats and they aren't near as comfortable as my Bestop seats I have now.

http://www.prpseats.com/product/suspension-bench-seat/
Old 01-19-2017, 08:21 PM   #2
Blazerowner

Re: Aftermarket Seats

Heres some more options.
http://www.prpseats.com/product-category/seats/
Old 01-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #3
timski69gmc

I was unsure what to do either. I went with recovering as they look good and bolt straight in. But did want more comfortable and possibly safer seats.
timski69gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
Blazerowner

Thats where I'm on the fence. To recover the original highlander seats is $1300 just for the covers. I really like the comfort of new seats and like you said the safety factor. I think the only reason to recover the originals is to either sell or for shows which I'm not really planning either especially selling.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:55 PM   #5
LuckyScott

While I know many people like to replace the stock stuff with what they consider to be an improvement, I would like to share a little advice. I have been working on my cars since the 1970's, and over the many years I have seen fads come and go. I can remember taking parts off my 1970 trans am and then replacing them with stuff I bought at Pep boys or from JC Whitney. Because I thought it looked better, or cooler.
But fads come and go, and what looks cool now looks dated in a few years. (Think about some of the fads that now look horrible)
What attracted me to cool cars is the car, (or truck) itself. Stock stuff never goes out of style. Whether it is a 1972 blazer like mine, or a 1970 trans amm like I had in high school in 1976, or my beloved 1972 Suburban I drive everyday, stock always looks right.
Just my opinion though........
LuckyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:28 PM   #6
Blazerowner

I agree about the fads. I did however order some prp seats but I'm keeping my stock seats and will recover them in the future with the highlander set. This way if I want to switch out I have both options. Yes it's pricey but I want both and I have to pay to play. I went with the enduro recliner set and a 48" rear seat. I'll post some pics when I get them. It takes about 3 weeks to build them.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:46 PM   #7
timski69gmc

Yep, I am glad I never had the money for some of the fad stuff at the time. This is also the reason I went with the stock seats. They will always look good. And it's not daily driven, so it doesn't really matter if they are not comfy as a new car. Redid the seat in my truck two years ago. New foam and cover. Feels pretty good, except now I have to wait 40 years for the foam to break down so I don't hit my head on the roof.
timski69gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:28 PM   #8
Blazerowner

I have the cst seats. The frames are at the local powder coat shop getting coated. I considered going with some tmi covers but at $500 just for the bench I'll stick with truckseats. I have a set of bestop seats in there now and they are pretty comfortable. I wanted something that matched and new so I figure I'll sell those in the future.

Last edited by Blazerowner; 01-25-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:25 PM   #9
cleszkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyScott View Post
While I know many people like to replace the stock stuff with what they consider to be an improvement, I would like to share a little advice. I have been working on my cars since the 1970's, and over the many years I have seen fads come and go. I can remember taking parts off my 1970 trans am and then replacing them with stuff I bought at Pep boys or from JC Whitney. Because I thought it looked better, or cooler.
But fads come and go, and what looks cool now looks dated in a few years. (Think about some of the fads that now look horrible)
What attracted me to cool cars is the car, (or truck) itself. Stock stuff never goes out of style. Whether it is a 1972 blazer like mine, or a 1970 trans amm like I had in high school in 1976, or my beloved 1972 Suburban I drive everyday, stock always looks right.
Just my opinion though........
So your sayin' I should reconsider the custom tribal art paint scheme I was planning for my Blazer
cleszkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:41 PM   #10
LuckyScott

"So your sayin' I should reconsider the custom tribal art paint scheme I was planning for my Blazer"

LOL, Paint is kinda like a haircut, you can always do it over. Sand it and shoot it and you are updated. In my opinion easier that redoing a interior.
LuckyScott is offline   Reply With Quote