The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-06-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
tmoreau

5.3 LM7 into 77 K-5 2wd

I am planning and in the process of an LS swap into my 77 K5.
I have gathered and searched lots of threads, and I am sure you guys will respond with links to other questions that might answer my questions. First of all, what motor mounts will put the motor and tranny in a 'stock' 350/350 location? I am planning on using a 700r4 behind my LS.

Here's my parts plan so far...
MSD 6014 timing box
Edelbrock Victor Jr Intake
Hughes LS1 flexplate adapter HP3795

I was thinking about the transadapt motor mounts - 4575, as i read they were really close to stock SBC location.
I have also read that the ebay stainless 2010+ camaro headers will fit on C10 applications, but I am not sure on k5
I am pretty sure i am going to custom plum a steam vent to run under the intake.
so i guess here are my questions
1. what motor mounts?
2. transmission mount? i have TH350 now, switching to 700r4
3. power steering lines plum right into gearbox?
4. any pictures of header fitment on an LS swapped 2wd K5?

Thats all i have for now, but I am sure i'll have more questions. Please be patient, it's my first LS build and first Truck build too.
tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #2
MalibuSSwagon

Re: 5.3 LM7 into 77 K-5 2wd

Hello,

I used Car Shop CSP2370 plates. These place the LS engine bellhousing flange in the same position as SBC. Then you could use a stock 700R4 crossmember and driveshaft, if you can find one for a 2WD K5.

Most, if not all, conversion headers are designed around this type of swap mount, the 1" setback type. Patriot exhaust (find them on Amazon and ebay) makes affordable LS swap headers.

Power steering is easy. If you are using truck accessories, they use a typical Saginaw pump. I believe your 77 would have a standard thread box and pump. You can take the fitting on the back of the pump that the pressure line connects too, and thread in into the back of the LS truck pump. Lines will swap right over then.

Anything else let me know.
MalibuSSwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:45 PM   #3
tmoreau

Re: 5.3 LM7 into 77 K-5 2wd

Got my wheels and tires on, and I have ordered a bunch of parts for the lowering part of the project. also ordered some LS swap stuff...Will be showing some progress pics soon. I do need front seats. No idea where to start looking for those or what will fit. so may need some input on that! anyways. Heres an up to date photo! LOL
Attached Images

tmoreau is offline   Reply With Quote