The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #1
SatinSeventy2

Heater/AC Firewall Box Question

Please excuse my ignorance....

I will no longer have AC, but I want heat. What type of firewall box do I need for this scenario and/or is there other budget friendly options. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images

SatinSeventy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:12 PM   #2
69 c10 - dsm

Re: Heater/AC Firewall Box Question

I went with a AC delete plate from Classic Industries. I had to refab some of it to make it fit and I haven't yet had the truck running, but hope to soon. I can post a couple of pics if you'd like.
69 c10 - dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
SatinSeventy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 c10 - dsm View Post
I went with a AC delete plate from Classic Industries. I had to refab some of it to make it fit and I haven't yet had the truck running, but hope to soon. I can post a couple of pics if you'd like.
Yes sir, when you have an opportunity I would like to see pictures. Thank you!
Old 04-14-2017, 11:56 PM   #4
69 c10 - dsm

Here are a couple of pictures. I am still working on finishing mine up here as you can see. You still have to use the original pieces inside under the dash. I am going to move the resister from the inside to the outside top where it is sitting in the picture (will have to cut a hole). That way I will be able to use the non AC wiring to connect everything. I will just have to lengthen the wire that goes thru the firewall to the fan. Let me know if you have other questions. Good luck!

http://www.classicindustries.com/pro...rts/14445.html

14445 - 1967-72 GM Truck A/C Delete Cover
This AC delete cover for 1967-72 Chevy and GMC models allows you to remove your existing air conditioning evaporator unit while maintaining the heater functions. Delete cover is manufactured from molded fiberglass with a black gelcoat and is designed to mount to the firewall where the stock AC evaporator core and case are normally located. This cover will allow more space for large valve covers and headers as well as big block engines while keeping the heater unit intact.
Attached Images

Last edited by 69 c10 - dsm; 04-15-2017 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added info
69 c10 - dsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 07:41 PM   #5
SatinSeventy2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 c10 - dsm View Post
Here are a couple of pictures. I am still working on finishing mine up here as you can see. You still have to use the original pieces inside under the dash. I am going to move the resister from the inside to the outside top where it is sitting in the picture (will have to cut a hole). That way I will be able to use the non AC wiring to connect everything. I will just have to lengthen the wire that goes thru the firewall to the fan. Let me know if you have other questions. Good luck!

http://www.classicindustries.com/pro...rts/14445.html

14445 - 1967-72 GM Truck A/C Delete Cover
This AC delete cover for 1967-72 Chevy and GMC models allows you to remove your existing air conditioning evaporator unit while maintaining the heater functions. Delete cover is manufactured from molded fiberglass with a black gelcoat and is designed to mount to the firewall where the stock AC evaporator core and case are normally located. This cover will allow more space for large valve covers and headers as well as big block engines while keeping the heater unit intact.
Thank you
Old 04-15-2017, 08:03 PM   #6
projectking

I have an AC cab that a previous owner spot welded a piece of sheetmetal over the AC holes with the correct non AC pattern. If you decide to remove any metal from the firewall I'd pay for it if you would send it to me.
90 Mustang Notchback
projectking is offline   Reply With Quote