The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-05-2004, 05:57 PM   #1
Faster_than_you

to many flames or just keep on going?

o.k. now as you all know there are PLENTY of items that have flames on them. I love the look of flames on cars and especially our kind of trucks. Maybe because I grew up around my dad who was old skool. but anyways, I am trying to figure out if I may be going overboard, and not giving the correct amount of "seperation" for items that are flamed.
I bought valve covers, air cleaner, and spark plug holders so far for my truck that have flames on them. I am thinking of buyin a billet flame steering wheel, interior mirror (flames matching the engine parts) and having my paint scheme be a house of kolor silver with marble dark toredour red racing strips being peeled out of the front and the strips being bursted into flames on the bottom of the fenders and doors.
now I also found headliners with flames, the door panels with flames (thinking about just making the panels full instead of just the stock little half cover the door fabric) then the gauges having the flame universal gauge panel holder (on the dakota digital website) and then I just found a seat setup on ebay. here is the link to the ebay site:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2471427801
o.k. well now that I have given everyone my plans which I have been wanting to keep secret, do you think I should lay off of the flames, or keep on rolling with my ideas? I dont want people to think that I am "the flamer" or anything. I am not trying knock any jeff gordon fans, as he once said,"you cant stop the flaming rainbow."
anyone just tell me if these are good ideas or if I should just calm down. but I would like to have my truck a mainly "on fire" scheme.
thanks for any input. I will also try post my new goodies on my cardomain website.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

IMHO I gotta say those flame seats are fugly.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:44 PM   #3
72shadetree
KEEP ON TRUCKING

mine is in paintshop now will be yellow with red/org flames.then going do the door panels and headliner with flames myself.then will probaly paint valvecovers and airfilter yellow with flames.and thinking about a bowtie with flames coming off both sides for the tailgate.i hope its not overkill but im doing it anyway.

flames are cool and i dont think it will look bad but just my.02
sounds like youre going to have a cool ride.

heres mine the whole trk will be that yellow with the red/org flames
Attached Images

71 k20 sons

bassett va
72shadetree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:45 PM   #4
Faster_than_you

really?

you really think there ugly, is it the flames? or is it the color? I know that "the truck shop" has a flame kit for the original seat. but I dont think I really want the original back in the truck, it wasnt electric, nor was it seperate from the passenger to the driver for moving.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:48 PM   #5
Big J
Its lookin' like a Blazer!

Flames are cool. Its your ride, you own it. Build it like you want. I'm thinking of running doors with the window frames on my 72 K5 blazer, already getting flack, but its my ride.

My Build
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:55 PM   #6
bouncytruck
SKINNY TIRES RULE!

The style of the seats is ok, the color is ugly on those seats. The red is pinky-purple, not red. It looks like a fair price though.

I think if all the flames are similar design it could look good. If you have several different mixes of flames, its going to look like you just buy anything and everything with flames on it and there was no fore-thought into your design. Especially if the flames can all be seen at once - like the interior. Also, consider the colors of the flames. Maybe add some paint into the engraved areas of the billet engine pieces that matches one of the exterior colors.
Wife's Ride2014 Fiat 500L
bouncytruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:02 PM   #7
rage'nrat638
Account Suspended

O MY COMPUTER ANYWAY THE FLAMES LOOK MORE PINK....

THOSE SEAT'S LOOK GOOD AND THE PRICE IS GREAT...

NO PINK
rage'nrat638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:08 PM   #8
68c10owner

it`s not my truck buy i had it flamed. i`m thinking about doing my 70 flat black with flames.

Last edited by 68c10owner; 03-28-2009 at 01:52 AM.
68c10owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:18 PM   #9
c10crazy
Like a Rock!

In my opinion, you are going way overboard. You sound headed for a vanity license plate with something like 2HOT4U or FIREbla bla bla. I have seen this stuff look goofy real quick. I like that old saying: LESS is MORE!. Keep it subtle and people will like it. My 2 cents for today
c10crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:00 PM   #10
RooRDaDDy
BIG BLOCK with BIG RIMS

flames

personally i love flames and my truck when said and done will have flames it will be viper red with the flames a rippin and personally those seats i like um alot if the flame was more red but i do like um and i say u can NEVR HAVE TO MUCH FLAME gl with ur truck my friend
Attached Images

Classic GM Truck Club of Washington Member
RooRDaDDy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 01:12 AM   #11
emmett

seats

Not trying to change the subject, But need help, Does anyone know what trucks use that style seat I need the base and center consoul I already have the seats that I am using any info would be appreciated
Thanks EMMETT

Kaukauna WI Airplaines don't land here they are sucked down
emmett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:52 PM   #12
Faster_than_you

ROORDADDY- I like that truck you posted, that yours? the flames are somewhat of a mix, and have some "pizzaz" to them, possibly the shadow, and the tribal look is what I like.
I will have to agree with everyone on the seats color. I emailed the guy and he just said it was the picture or something. I think what I am going to do is just slowly put the flamed items on.
you know get the headboard, gauges, mirrors, then little by little keep on adding.
thanks for everyones advise
Old 04-06-2004, 04:56 PM   #13
paintpyro

Quote:
Originally posted by Faster_than_you
ROORDADDY- I like that truck you posted, that yours? the flames are somewhat of a mix, and have some "pizzaz" to them, possibly the shadow, and the tribal look is what I like.
Nah, thats a local truck here in So Cal. I saw it parked in front of the Auto Zone the other day.
rallys and BFGs
-We can rebuild it, we have the technology-lower,shinier,faster
paintpyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:22 PM   #14
boogie

If the seats were a little redder and the gray a little darker, they wouldn't look so bad. I'm planning to do a flame paint job also, not sure how far I’ll take the flame theme but like most are saying… It’s your truck.

2001 Chevy S-10 Xtreme
1971 GMC C-10 "Well.. Part Atleast"
boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 05:32 PM   #15
mocwon
Keep On Truckin'

you really think there ugly, is it the flames? or is it the color?

Mostly the color, but as others have said, and I agree, it's your truck so do what makes you happy. Just tossing my 2 cents out there.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:30 PM   #16
Rdrdave
Broke and still trying

Flame it

It will give you a reason to do it all over again when you get tired of it! It's just like when we get the urge to get a big block 496 but can't afford it. We build a sb 350. Then bore it .30 over, then stroke it, the get a 396, then trade it for a 454 and then go .30 over, then stroke it, then get a 502, then go .30 over, then stroke it, get the idea! Hell these trucks will never be "done" they just get better! Have fun, you only live once, get creative, get old and then restore!
Rdrdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 07:02 PM   #17
classicchevy70

I think it will look killer if you keep all the flames in the scheme and don't mix and match any like bouncytruck said.
classicchevy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:09 PM   #18
1971 Cheyenne

Those seats look like ass, JMO...
1983 M1009 CUCV Military K5 Blazer
1981 Dodge 1 ton 4x4 dually flatbed
1971 Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 09:14 PM   #19
Faster_than_you

I have just decided to hold off on my full on flame theme. sounds like alot of people are thinking of the same idea, like to be an original. isnt that what truck customizing is? being original? customizing it to be different?