The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-30-2017, 07:55 PM   #1
egarage

Need help starting 1969 Chevy 292 engine

I'm looking for simple wiring diagram on how to wire my 1969 Chevy 292 inline 6 engine. I'm moving and need to get my truck to start and run so I can drive it on a trailer and then off. All the wires have been removed and I don't have time to rewire. Every thing is there except wires. The distributor has a Pertronix ignitor installed. I also don't know if I need a ballast resistor. Thanks
egarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:51 PM   #2
Wrenchbender Ret

Re: Need help starting 1969 Chevy 292 engine

To run the starter, put a jumper wire from the bat plus to the small S term. on the solenoid. If you can't tell which term is S just try each one. If it is the wrong one it won't do anything. If the wires from the dist to the coil are there you can run a wire from the bat. plus to the + side of the ign. coil. You should go through a resister as some Pertronics use a resister. I can't remember exactly how the Petrnics is hooked up as I havn't installed one in a few years.
Wrenchbender Ret is online now   Reply With Quote