The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-09-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
skytop

what month my truck was born?

My truck has the metal VIN tag on the door jamb but I want the blue VIN sticker for the d/s door jamb that I have seen on many posts on this forum.

I found a General Motors and state licensed company (ecsautomotive.com) that makes an identical recreation numbered sticker for your truck. I contacted them and was told I need a photograph of the metal VIN plate showing the actual VIN. Also, I need to provide the month the truck was built. ECS states the month of birth determine the information that will show on the sticker. Later production trucks include the three weights of the vehicle.

I have no clue as to when my truck was built or how to determine the month. Does anyone have good suggestion to determine birth month? Thanks kindly.

Example from ECS:
Old 05-09-2017, 02:50 PM   #2
71cheyennesuperlongb

Smile Re: what month my truck was born?

I dont know how to find build date either but I am sure some of these good people here will know. What I want to know is where did you get that bad a$$ T shirt ?
Old 05-09-2017, 04:11 PM   #3
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: what month my truck was born?

See the upper LH corner of this build sheet. I don't have the sheet in front of me and can't read the "field label", but the entry reads 05-19-1971, which is in-line of the "5/71" on my door plate. Next week is my trucks birthday.....HURRAH!

If you have a bench seat, it would be behind the webbing at the bottom of the seat. Be careful pulling it out, very brittle @ near 50 years old. I made a copy of mine, put it in plastic and will put that under the seat. The original is stored away, perhaps never to be seen again.

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assembly kit for restoring the (a) truck from the ground up. My build thread, and more on the assembly kit https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #4
custom10nut

I have to get home and look at my truck to see where I found it, and I'll let you know.
My truck's birthday is 17 Jan 1970, sold first on 30 Jan 1970.
Sold in Mitchell SD, to a Gentleman from Winner SD.
custom10nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 10:21 PM   #5
Mike's money pit

If you can post your vin#, it will possibly be close to another truck here on the board that has its blue sticker or build sheet. I assume that close sequential numbers from the same plant would help you narrow down the month, maybe even the day. If you are worried about posting your vin number, just substitute 3 x's for the last three digits. Good luck.
Mike's money pit is offline   Reply With Quote