The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-10-2017, 11:14 PM   #1
LockDoc
The Older Generation

For you low mileage truck guys....

-
Found this while cruzin' CL....

https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/cto/6032740287.html

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
C10 - C90 Bill

Re: For you low mileage truck guys....

Nice !!
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 05:04 PM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Sure is!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:45 PM   #4
sweepleader

Smile Re: For you low mileage truck guys....

[IMG][/IMG]

My new truck, mileage is 4587.

[IMG][/IMG]
sweepleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:11 PM   #5
C10 - C90 Bill

Looks nice.

Super low mileage.

Tell us more about it.
C10 - C90 Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #6
sweepleader

Cool Re: For you low mileage truck guys....

It's a 1969 Chevrolet T50 Steel Tilt Cab/John Bean-FMC with a 350 V8, 5 speed Clark transmission and a 6.17:1 Eaton rear end. The pumps are a split shaft 500 gpm main and a PTO/belt driven 50 gpm high pressure to the two hose reels. It has been stored inside its whole life, except for the last couple of years. Its from a small town in North Dakota so it has not been in the rust belt salt winters, therefore no rust. It is missing most of its accesory equipment as can be seen so I will need to find hard suction, a ladder, and a pike pole as well as some 2 1/2 and 1 1/2 inch flat hose.

The pumps were recertified by John Bean in 2010 so it was certianly in service then or they would not have spent the money to have it certified. I figure it takes a couple years to buy a new truck so it was likely still in service till 2012, not much dead time between then and now. It was stored inside at least one of the out of service years, I don't know about the others. It has one broken T/S lens and the grill is dented, no other body damage. I have a letter off to the fire department to see if I can find out more about its service and history.

Some friends are going with me this weekend to fix a few leaks and drive it home. We are bringing a couple tires for the front and everything but the kitchen sink for fixing whatever we might find.

It will be a long drive as we expect to not exceed about 50mph and we have 500 miles to go. It should be fun.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #7
Bob B.

Very nice! I like the Chevy and GMC tilts a lot better than those Ford C series tilt cabs. The GM's looked much better and had a manual transmission shift linkage that actually worked!
Old 05-21-2017, 04:15 PM   #8
factorystock

Another well preserved example! IMO, GM could have got another 10 years out of this design cycle, but threw in the towel and started importing Isuzu's.
factorystock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #9
sweepleader

I don't know about the Ford tilts, this Chev is the only Tilt I have ever gotten close enough to to touch and it does shift great. Probably as good as any floor shift I ever drove with the exception of a Volvo car my son has with the shifter straight into the gearbox and only about 5 inches long.

I am seriously trying to find a passenger seat for this truck, you can see the one in there is wrong and does not fit. It blocks the doors for the dipstick and the radiator cap. You can of course lift the cab to check those but I really would like to take it back to original. Any info, pictures or information on the factory seat would be appreciated. I would be interested in a seat in any condition.

I should mention that we have driven it the 500 miles home without too much trouble. The only thing was the brakes dragging. They were all gummed up and most of the pistons stuck. I have overhauled all the wheel cylinders and got them working fine now. A few other things to take care of and it will be ready for the road. I plan on driving it a lot, whenever I can as it is really a ball to drive.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:43 AM   #10
Ken B

Glad too hear you made it home without too much trouble.. What are your plans for the truck? I'm always cruisin Ebay looking at the used Fire trucks, there are many great deals to be had on low mileage trucks...
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #11
sweepleader

I don't have any serious plans for the truck, my neighbors all seem to have plans though. They want it in their parades and shows! I will finish fixing up a few things, like wiring disasters installed by previous owners and dull paint. I have fixed several small mechanical issues, like the manual choke that did not work. I do expect to drive it a lot more than my wife thinks I will. It has been to work and to the farm store already, it is great fun to drive. Takes a LOT of gas though, it got almost 4 miles to the gallon driving it from North Dakota, that is a LOT of gas. It should do better now, I am in the process of fitting and electric fan and removing the factory fixed fan. That thing howls like mad and really sucks the horsepower. I have driven it a little without the fan and it feels like a second engine has been installed. I am looking forward to a summer of fun. :{)
Old 05-24-2017, 06:48 AM   #12
Ken B

If your neighbors are into it that is a GOOD thing... Can't wait to see it all shined up.
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote