The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-26-2017, 08:09 AM   #1
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: Antique vs Classic - in Texas

I've had at least one truck registered as an Antique here in Texas continuously since way back in the 90s. I drive them all the time. Anywhere I want to go. The law is so ambiguous as to be basically unenforceable.

"Yeah, I just did a ton of work to it recently and I figured I'd drive it today to make sure everything is squared away before I take it to a big show out of state this weekend. I wouldn't want something unexpected to pop up on a long road trip to the show"

He can't argue with that.

The main thing that would raise any law enforcement eyesbrows is that I'm starting to see some real broke down looking late 80s, early 90s crappy beater cars running antique plates and you know the only reason they are doing it is to save registration costs and to avoid inspections. When you see a Ford Tempo with three different colors on it and bald tires, broken windshield and a shiny new antique tag, you're just asking for popo to hassle you.