The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-01-2017, 11:00 PM   #1
dbarlow

Project question? Door and grille.

Ok I'm building a 69 c10 swb. I have brand new doors on the truck, my question is should I dynamat the inside of the doors before I install all the hardware? If so do I do both sides of inside the door?

The truck has a 67 front cap. Does anyone have the proper way the center grille support mounts behind the main grille assembly.

Thanks for any help.
dbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #2
hugger6933

Re: Project question? Door and grille.

Welcome o the site. Before doing ANYTHING to those doors fit them on the truck. I recently put a new set on a customers truck and had to do quite a bit to get them to fit. They were too tall the hoop was about an inch too high on one side pass door if I recall. I had to drill out the spot welds and drop down the hoop and do some other work along with that cause of the angle at the front but I ended up taking off the hoop reworking it and then welding it up again. It isn't a big deal if your use to making parts fit but if your someone who doesnt do that for a living or are in the body shop all the time it could be overwhelming and a huge task. the owner of the new doors almost passed out when he saw me drill apart his brand new door and pull the window hoop out.[lol]until he saw that with just a little work I had it fitting well. A quick way to tell without even putting the door on is to put in the vent window to see if it fits in the right place and its screws line up. good luck to you. I 'm just across the river about 30 mi from the Helena bridge if that helps I do know MS is a BIG state though.
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 11:44 AM   #3
hugger6933

Re: Project question? Door and grille.

oh and on the mat just on the inside of the outer door skin before putting in the glass and stuff will be great
hugger6933 is offline   Reply With Quote