The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-30-2015, 11:28 AM   #26
KEWLKATDADY

Re: Project "PaPaw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ's Sierra Grande View Post
I agree with the others, great starting point. and as you said, there's no rush on it so don't be intimidated by it. it seems to be easier if you set your build and your purchases in small goals. I think everyone can agree if we just looked at the total of hours and $$ we will end up spending we would never think it possible. But in small batches it seems way more achievable. good luck I'm definitely following along.
I was out there this weekend working on some of the minor things, I stood back and realized "how much work" is ahead of me. Then I vision the end result. It'll be well worth it.

The hardest part is carving out time in the garage instead of playing with my 3 year old boy or my 3 month old baby girl....or their momma for that matter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notsolo View Post
Great truck, as I read it Dad is going to help with the build...Priceless....My 2 cents, I would be to add Front disk brakes and a booster, 3 point seat belts. Carry On.
So my dad is an ASE master mechanic of 35 years. This was his truck, but he lets it sit for 15 years. This is my project, that he will be a knowledge base for. It's in his shop, and there are cold beers there. We'll definitely be working on the truck and the coldies.
Hydroboost and disc all the way around are definitely in the plans.
I'm thinking we're going with buckets, but not sure about the belts yet.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:42 PM   #27
68Gold/white

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEWLKATDADY View Post
I was out there this weekend working on some of the minor things, I stood back and realized "how much work" is ahead of me. Then I vision the end result. It'll be well worth it.

The hardest part is carving out time in the garage instead of playing with my 3 year old boy or my 3 month old baby girl....or their momma for that matter

So my dad is an ASE master mechanic of 35 years. This was his truck, but he lets it sit for 15 years. This is my project, that he will be a knowledge base for. It's in his shop, and there are cold beers there. We'll definitely be working on the truck and the coldies.
Hydroboost and disc all the way around are definitely in the plans.
I'm thinking we're going with buckets, but not sure about the belts yet.
I'm in agreement w/ these 2 quotes and you. Try not to tackle something that allows your pickup to be inoperable for more tan a week or two, EVER. Nothing worse than having a vehicle just sitting...

Disc brakes is the single most important thing you can do to one of these classics. 4 wheel is awesome, but front disc alone improves stopping sooo very much, that the rear setup is not needed, just my opinion...

Your children are more important than an old pickup!!!
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 02:38 PM   #28
KEWLKATDADY

Been a couple years since update...not been much to update.
Finally leveling off a little and getting some $$$ together.

Had a passenger door rusted shut...heat, force...more force, more heat... all wrapped up in pb blaster... walk away... rinse and repeat for a few month...

Finally cut the door open...

Now with both doors open...interior removed along with a 30 galloon trash can full of rat/squirrel nest/****...

first pic is interior after clean up and carpet removal...
not bad...passenger floor will need some love.

second pic...door cut and dent from use of force... not too bad.
Attached Images