The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-23-2017, 10:04 PM   #26
Nuckingfuts

Re: Having (cheap) Fun w/ The Interior

Extremely snug fit, lost a notch on my seat track (~1" less leg room) but it fits for now (ignore the sloppy wires, those will get loomed). Now that I see where we landed I plan to route out the sub box face so the sub is recessed about 1/2" to get my leg room back. Doable, but for now I'm happy. Seat turned out pretty good too.
Attached Images

Nuckingfuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:33 PM   #27
Nuckingfuts

Re: Having (cheap) Fun w/ The Interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by weq92f View Post
Any update?

How did the sound/heat/smell change in the cab after treatment?

thanks,

-klb
Hey I wanted to give you an update to your specific question now that we've had a chance to both work and drive in the cab, on extremely hot days too (it's been 95-100F here in NorCal these last two weeks).

First the smell,
Upon initial installation I could smell the bitumen as it was out gassing after removing the paper backing. The next day, absolutely no smell. A week later, and after several 90+F days, zero smell. I have a strong feeling that the hot weather helped to drive off any volatiles. All good!

Sound/Heat,
On the first test drive I took my son along (he was more interested in thumping the new sound system) and we both looked at each other in surprise as we sped off. The sound reduction was not only noticeable but possibly cutting the db's by half. Matter of fact with the windows up and cruzing along at 45, we could barely hear the exhaust where as before it 'resonated' inside the cab to the point you couldn't enjoy any music. Now the tables are turned since we have over 1kW on our side.
As far as heat, that's kind of hard to tell right now since it's in the high 90s right now. Hot is as hot does. The cab is comfortable though and no excessive heat to speak of. Cloth inserts on the bench seat are the ticket!! The small vinyl strips could fry an egg so we just laughed in anticipation of taking the miss's for a ride.
Nuckingfuts is offline   Reply With Quote