The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-18-2017, 11:08 PM   #1
JackB

Re: 71 AZ Rust Free CST Blazer Frame Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Curious what paint colors you went with for the frame clamps and the rubber hose clamps. I got mine back today and need to track down matching paint. Also, did you reuse the frame clips for the rear lamp harness - these have the rubberized coating. I'll recoat mine maybe, or go with repro if available.
I took the easy way out on paint matching. There was a lot of color left on the inside of brackets so I just went to Lowes and bought the closest matching color I could find in a spray can. (Rustoleum). The rubber brackets were all in good shape so I just cleaned them up and reused them.
Attached Images

JackB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 10:23 PM   #2
JackB

Re: 71 AZ Rust Free CST Blazer Frame Off

Not much to report the last few weeks. Got a few parts on the engine and got the rear end installed. One thing I ran across is the stock length ebrake cables are stretched to the max with the 2 inch lift springs. For the moment I'm proceeding with the assumption that the weight of the tub will give me enough slack. Does anyone know if this indeed the case? On another note, I guess I got lucky as all the rest of my inline tube stuff fit nicely.
Attached Images

JackB is offline   Reply With Quote