The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-19-2017, 04:33 PM   #1
LEEVON

Re: Project "Man Truck"...it's a F#RD

Thanks! Could have been coolant related, but I think it just had enough. Never will know.

So as soon as the engine was broken in, we took it on a trip to the Black Hills. We put approximately 3,000 miles on it in 8 or 9 days. It performed pretty much flawlessly, but between the open interstate at 80+mph, the hills and some off-roading we got a grand total of about 8.7mpg. I was considering keeping the truck and getting a fifth wheel, but that basically was a nail in the coffin. Plus it was woefully under powered in the hills. The gas tank would take a max of about 25 gallons, so we ended up filling up 12 times! That's only about 200 miles and when you're on a trip that's a pain. I can't imaging trying to pull anything with it between the power and gas. So when we got home I gave her a bath and put some photos on Facebook and Craigslist. Surprising the heck out of me, it was sold for full asking price in about 2 hours and the phone is still ringing two weeks later. I guess it was a nice truck! Oh well, I made $ and the new owner is thrilled, exactly what he was looking for. On to the next one!
Attached Images

Last edited by LEEVON; 07-19-2017 at 04:38 PM.
LEEVON is offline   Reply With Quote