The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 09-01-2017, 09:37 PM   #26
franken

Re: Cheap Garbage Rear View replacement Mirror

My truck's a 72 so I went to the scrapyard and grabbed a glue-on one and stuck it to the windshield. Same for the Camaro. Just grab the mirror and tear it off.
franken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:01 PM   #27
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3rail View Post
It was offered up earlier in the thread, and I went there. Only one thread there. I guess it is an unknown area of the site.

Bill
You aren't looking in the right place. There are hundreds. Look at the top of the page under the headings I listed. Not that single thing you keep looking at. I have zero idea why its set up like this ... kind of odd.
Old 09-02-2017, 12:29 PM   #28
dmartin1

I have had extremely bad luck with rubber parts the past few years. Primarily from classicparts.com but, i guess the same product could be sold elsewhere also.

I installed a fas neck grommet 2 days ago. Sat in the sun, this morning i go out to see the grommet dried up and split and is falling out.

I installed a column to firewall seal, before i could get the truck running(2 weeks) the seal had shriveled up and is showing light through 100 splits in it.

I installed a gas cap, tank sat in garage for 2 weeks, i go out yesterday, the seal is dried up and rotted.

1 week after installing firewall grommets for oil and a blank, both have dried up and nearly fell out
1978 k20 Silverado loaded.currently engine-less
1989 k10 suburban 9" lift
65 nova
And more
dmartin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 03:03 PM   #29
bill3rail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmartin1 View Post
I have had extremely bad luck with rubber parts the past few years. Primarily from classicparts.com but, i guess the same product could be sold elsewhere also.

I installed a fas neck grommet 2 days ago. Sat in the sun, this morning i go out to see the grommet dried up and split and is falling out.

I installed a column to firewall seal, before i could get the truck running(2 weeks) the seal had shriveled up and is showing light through 100 splits in it.

I installed a gas cap, tank sat in garage for 2 weeks, i go out yesterday, the seal is dried up and rotted.

1 week after installing firewall grommets for oil and a blank, both have dried up and nearly fell out
That would be as annoying as hell! Rubber has a shelf life and must be disposed of after a certain amount of time. As was stated earlier, the almighty dollar has changed manufacturing, both in the way companies order and the way some of us shop.

Bill
Old 09-03-2017, 01:55 AM   #30
toolboxchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstOwner69 View Post
How about this? She apparently does a lot of Vette mirrors. I'm thinking about sending one to her.

http://www.mirrorladypa.com/
Thanks for the link, I have an extra and know where to go now!
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 02:49 AM   #31
toolboxchev

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill3rail View Post
That would be as annoying as hell! Rubber has a shelf life and must be disposed of after a certain amount of time. As was stated earlier, the almighty dollar has changed manufacturing, both in the way companies order and the way some of us shop.

Bill
I feel with ya my brother, as I too have been in manufacturing and see first hand your frustration with crappy quality.

Some of the folks on this site are vendors, and even some make parts for stuff that we really need. I prefer to keep my truck stock and stick with original pieces even if they are a little off color.

One guy on here is making or selling stuff he has production runs of. The part would be the high pressure power steering line. Stainless Tube at that. I could not afford his stuff and have a improperly made part from a box store that SUCKS hands down. Even the manager could not figure out what to do (kid) to get the issue corrected.

We are still here, the sons of Detroit, ailing in a world run by finance, instead of quality.
toolboxchev is offline   Reply With Quote