The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-16-2004, 08:32 PM   #1
OhioDan

Need Help With Door Glass

It's been so long since I took out my door glass, I can't remember a few things about putting it back in. For instance, the metal strip at the bottom of the window. How is it attached to the bottom of the window? Silicone? Also, what postition does it go in? Roller slot to the outside or the inside. The window stop(?) to the front or the rear. If you've got your glass out, I sure would like a pic of the right and left side. Close enough to make out detail. This getting old and forgetting stuff is for the birds. Hope I get it together before I loose everything?

Thanx,

Dan

LIFE AIN'T EASY WHEN YER FAT AND GREASY!
GMC= Got More Class!
1970 GMC LWB, Fleetside, 350/4spd, Flowmaster "40's", 2002 GMC 16" Rallies, cowl hood,and added a bunch of options that weren't there when I started.
OhioDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 09:49 PM   #2
Randy70C-10
Account Suspended

Dan, my memory is so bad that I have a spare door in my back yard that I'm saving so I'll have something to look at when it comes time to put my wifes doors back together.
Randy70C-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:48 PM   #3
65StreetCruiser
It Is What It Is

OhioDan, The widow was originally held onto the metal strip with glass setting tape, a type of rubberized cork. Any glass shop should have it, If not you can use a urethane for glass. Most parts stores have it. Roller slot to the inside. If I'm not mistaken the window stop to the front, But I may be wrong on that one. It's been a while since I've done one. Good Luck.
Kevin
68 Camaro convertible
www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
65StreetCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:05 PM   #4
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

65 is correct if ya still need a pic of it let me know as I have the glass and regulator out of the door right now..

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 04:20 PM   #5
OhioDan

Found out that what I thought was a stop, is a guide for the rear of the window.( as per assy. manual) The urethane for setting the window in the track, comes in tubes like caulking. Found a measurement for locating the window in the track.( Front edge of track is 3/4" to the rear of the leading edge of the window. (another as per assy. manual) Window gasket for rear window was all balled up in a bag. Had to let it sit in the sun to straighten it up enough to go around the window. Let it sit in sun some more to regain original shape.What I thought was going to be an easy morning,(hah, we all know how that goes) turned out to be a frustrating all day, and the windows still aren't in. Ah well, there's alway tomorrow.

LIFE AIN'T EASY WHEN YER FAT AND GREASY!
GMC= Got More Class!
1970 GMC LWB, Fleetside, 350/4spd, Flowmaster "40's", 2002 GMC 16" Rallies, cowl hood,and added a bunch of options that weren't there when I started.
OhioDan is offline   Reply With Quote