The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-01-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
RyanNewberry

Custom front bumpers.

Hey guys I'm very new to the forum. I've been around 73-87 Chevy's my entire life, let alone I'm only 21. But I was wondering what everyone had for custom front bumpers. I have one style in mind and I just can't seem to find it anywhere online. I have a picture, I screenshot it off of a YouTube video. Let me know if you guys know anything about this style or brand, or anything else that's cool. Thanks much.
Attached Images

RyanNewberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #2
Desert_Eagle02

Re: Custom front bumpers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanNewberry View Post
Hey guys I'm very new to the forum. I've been around 73-87 Chevy's my entire life, let alone I'm only 21. But I was wondering what everyone had for custom front bumpers. I have one style in mind and I just can't seem to find it anywhere online. I have a picture, I screenshot it off of a YouTube video. Let me know if you guys know anything about this style or brand, or anything else that's cool. Thanks much.
I've seen those around before, must have been semi common in the '80s. We always called them tube bumpers. Everytime I see those tube bumpers they remind me of Billy Bob's truck from the movie Varsity Blues haha. Watch Craigslist or facebook market place, they pop up from time to time. Or see if a local off-road shop can fab you up one and powder coat it. You could even have them put a few extras on it like light mounts or a winch mount.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:52 PM   #3
mongocanfly
Post Whore

just google.. 1985 chevy tube bumpers.....https://www.carid.com/warrior/full-w...oaAl-dEALw_wcB
mongocanfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:09 PM   #4
Dead Parrot

Welding shops often have the necessary benders and such to fab up just what you want. If you have salvage yards nearby, make a run every so often. I have often seen custom bumpers, tool boxes, headache racks etc on squares in the yard. Advantage of salvage finds is you can usually get all of the needed brackets and such and you get to see how all the parts fit together.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:00 PM   #5
RyanNewberry

Thanks much guys!
RyanNewberry is offline   Reply With Quote