The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
chevycc1970

Who is offering the best fitting sheet metal.

I am getting ready to start my first blazer restoration with many more to follow since I own 6 at this point. My question is which vendor is offering the best fitting sheet metal. I understand that come pieces fit better than others as far as the maker of them goes, just need a list of who is better. Thanks in advance.
chevycc1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 04:02 PM   #2
Blazerowner

Re: Who is offering the best fitting sheet metal.

I think all the choices out there are just distributors from the same manufacturer, Dynacorn. I know in the past when I bought sheet metal it was pain to get the doors and fenders to fit. This was about 12 years ago so they may have improved. I do believe AMD is producing some of their own sheet metal but not all of it. It's probably best to call and ask them what they make or distribute because they do both. If I was to replace any sheet metal again I would probably only do skins or try to find original. The fenders I had never really fit right. I bought a fender for my Chevelle about 3 years ago and it was off as well. The hood lines just never looked good and would need a lot of work to make it right.
Blazerowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
lks dcvn

I have all of my aftermarket sheet metal coming from one spot - NSaneHotRodz in TN for my blazer build.

He uses the parts to build up his projects so he knows if the stuff fits or not.

Each part could potentially be from a different source - aftermarket doors a few years ago were a big gamble. Sounds like they fixed some of the fitment issues and are a lot better.

Fenders, hoods, etc. are all going to need some work to fit like the originals.

Check out my blazer build if you want to see progress pictures with new sheet metal.
lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:48 AM   #4
toomany2yz

I have aftermarket bedsides, bed floor, cab floor and step up panel. Got everything from GmcPauls. I have good doors and front sheet metal. So far everything is playing nice with eachother. The lines on the doors match the bedsides very well. Having basically cut the truck in half, I was able to set my own gaps how I wanted. Believe everything is Goodmark....or whatever they are labling it now.
toomany2yz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 06:25 AM   #5
Killer Bee

I was looking at these guys for my burb.. any experiences here?

http://www.motorcityk5.com/