The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-03-2018, 04:16 PM   #1
Speedhorn

How low c10 within Spanish homologation laws?

Hi there all. New to the forum I am new to chevy pickup but already have a 52 and an 80 square body that I am about to start as a project I want air ride and I want it low. The problem I have is I live in Spain and the laws here are very very strict possibly the worst in the world. Modifications have to be harmoligated. So basically no cutting the chassis. Now if the technical inspection station don't notice then its fine ie small adjustments all painted nice like the rest of the chassis.
So I'm thinking a small c notch within the rails height, a modified front cross member, and I already have drop spindles.... But that won't be enough I don't think. So I'm wondering maybe a light body drop too that can be disguised.
What do you think?
Speedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:39 PM   #2
SCOTI

Re: How low c10 within Spanish homologation laws?

A body drop can be done in addition to the other items you mentioned.
How much drop do you want is the info needed for the best action plan.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:52 PM   #3
Dead Parrot

One time inspection and you are good or can you be stopped and re-inspected if a police officer thinks something is odd? What's the penalty if they find out you got something improper past the initial inspection?

How common are these trucks there? There are so many here that most folks know what the normal ride height looks like and that one sitting lower is modified. If squares are rare there, then a lowered truck might not be so obvious.
Dead Parrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:52 AM   #4
Speedhorn

I think rather than how low I want its more a case of how low will I be able to.
I'd love to have it laying the frame on the ground but I will have to be realistic.
The itv (technical inspection) being a comercial vehicle more than 10 years old it has to have a test every 6 months.
The modification have to be harmoligated and added to the vehicles papers so when stopped by the police they can see the vehicle is legal.
The only thing I have going for me is I doubt they will ever have seen a square body
Speedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote